About 100 Degrees Consulting:
100 Degrees Consulting provides CFO and bookkeeping services to visionary leaders. We help nonprofit organizations globally with all things finance; accounting, bookkeeping, audit, board reporting, financial analysis, budgeting, cash flow, 990s, and compliance. We give leaders clarity and confidence in their numbers so they can make a bigger impact on the world.
We are seeking to add a high-performing Nonprofit Bookkeeper to the team to deliver a high level of service to our clients because we’re growing by leaps and bounds.
We serve our clients with knowledge & expertise, passion for their mission, dependability, and approachability. We have high standards, high expectations, and we move quickly. We have extraordinary capacity and expect the same from everyone on the team. Most importantly, we love what we do and who we serve.
Nonprofit Bookkeeper Job Overview:
This is a client-facing role that would manage a client roster, juggling multiple client accounts. This person needs to be financially savvy and extremely detail-oriented when it comes to numbers. We are looking for a proactive bookkeeper whose top priority is client service. The right person will be most interested in serving our clients while enjoying a flexible work schedule, rather than trying to build their own business empire.
- Support client monthly close process in Quickbooks Online
- Bank, credit card, and payment platform reconciliations for clients
- A/P and A/R reconciliations for clients
- Fundraising database reconciliations for clients
- Make journal entries for clients
- Process payroll for clients
- Process A/P and A/R for clients
- Receipt management for clients
- Prepare and file 1099s for clients
- Enter budgets into QBO for clients
- Generate financial reports, including customized dashboards with graphs and charts, for clients
- Directly interact with clients via email and Zoom meetings
- Support 100 Degrees Consulting CFOs with data entry, financial analysis, and other work as needed
- Use tools like ClickUp, Slack, and email to manage organization tasks and timelines
- Liaise and communicate with 100 Degrees team via email, Slack, and Zoom to share knowledge, improve processes, and share wins and challenges
- Stay updated on nonprofit accounting principles and best practices, implementing new techniques as needed
- Proven experience as a bookkeeper in the nonprofit sector
- Highly experienced with Google Sheets and Excel
- Know Quickbooks Online like the back of your hand and flexible to learn other software as needed
- Embrace technology like Google Workspace, Dropbox, Expensify, bill.com, Melio, Gusto, ADP, Slack, ClickUp, Zoom, and have experience integrating software with Quickbooks Online
- Are a skilled, professional, and confident writer and communicator
Education and Experience:
- Degree in accounting or related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 years experience with bookkeeping for a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations in the international development space including multi-country books consolidation preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
Qualities We’re Looking For:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and detail-oriented under pressure
- Are meticulous about accuracy and ensure anything you submit has been checked and double-checked
- Hate being late and never miss a deadline
- Excellent time management skills
- Communicate proactively and clearly with questions and updates
- Believe that no journal entry is too big or too complicated and enjoy highly detailed work
- Energized by providing clients with best-in-class bookkeeping
- Hardworking, highly self-motivated, and a quick learner
- Proactive, willing to learn new things and energized to grow in your role
- Great sense of humor, high energy, and enthusiasm for working on a small and growing team
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- LinkedIn Learning Membership
- Annual Team Retreat
- Unlimited PTO
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- The position is a full-time W2 employee
- We offer a flexible, remote work environment.
- You must be available to respond to client communication and take meetings during regular business hours in the US, closely aligned with a 9am-5pm EST schedule.
- You have your own computer, mobile phone, and reliable internet access.
- You maintain a workspace free of unnecessary distractions where client and internal calls may be taken in a professional manner.
- You are able to be on video chat for scheduled meetings.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, and you would be joining a small, diverse team. We believe that diversity is an asset and inclusion is non-negotiable, so please only apply if you share those values.