Account Executive - Progressive Grassroots Fundraising
Telefund is a national telefundraising and campaign management company with a specific focus on progressive causes and organizations. As our society faces big and daunting problems – like climate change, gun violence, bigotry, and even threats to our democracy itself – a robust assortment of people-powered organizations is doing the work every day to put us on a path to a better future.
We connect individual grassroots supporters to the groups that fight for them: the American Civil Liberties Union, the Human Rights Campaign, Planned Parenthood, the Democratic National Committee, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Greenpeace, and many others. Our conversations give these organizations the resources to go up against whatever opposition they may face, be it the fossil fuel industry or far-right extremists. We are further building our team to provide the best service to our partners and to expand on our 35-year track record of results.
Candidates for this position must have a combination of project management experience, written and verbal communication skills, and ability and command over data and planning. Candidates should have a track record of being flexible, solution-oriented, and responsive. Must have a commitment to progressive social change as well as a strong work ethic. Excellent quantitative analysis skills and proficiency with Excel are a requirement. Demonstrated ability to lead a team as well as be self-driven and independent. 5+ years of experience in project management, client services, progressive political campaign management, or fundraising is preferred. This position requires travel.
• Manage up to 10 client accounts, maintain and deepen relationships and expand programs
• Launch campaigns successfully by coordinating across every department at Telefund, including legal, financial, operations, IT, and fulfillment.
• Write and edit persuasive telephone scripts and pledge fulfillment materials, while adhering to our clients’ messaging.
• Oversee day-to-day campaign performance, including analyzing and clearly communicating results to clients and Telefund leadership. Campaigns often require making quick changes to processes and adapting messaging based on immediate needs, long-term solutions, and the changing political landscape.
• Analyze campaign performance over time as well as recommend strategic and tactical improvements
• Negotiate contracts including price and payment terms.
• Drive all aspects of new business development including identifying potential partnerships through research and attending conferences, developing relationships with key players in political and nonprofit organizations, creating marketing materials, and pitching to new clients.
• Develop new and emerging areas of services including inbound services, mid-level and major donor services, and multi-channel coordination.
Location: Preference for candidates who can work in Washington, D.C., Denver, CO, Chicago, IL, or Boston, MA. Remote locations will also be considered.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to
Telefund is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQAI applicants.