Supervisor: President and CEO
Supervisees: Development Associate
Status: Full-time, exempt, salaries
Salary Range: $83,000-$90,000 USD
Location: NYC- combination of remote and in office required
Degree Required: None
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Paid time off, Sick time, Paid parental leave, Retirement savings, Commuter benefits, Life insurance, Long term disability insurance, Short term disability insurance
Deadline: The position will remain open until filled, submissions received by November 10th will receive first consideration. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
The “I Have A Dream” Foundation has invested in expanding our fundraising efforts to align with our recent merge with the New York affiliate. We have recently launched Salesforce as our donor database and are currently in search for a Development Manager to bring their expertise in donor database and stewardship best practices as we continue to build this department. In the next year the ideal candidate will demonstrate success in the following areas.
- Diversify funding to meet program needs
- Steward new and existing donors
- Create and track metrics to reach fundraising goal
- Ensure our donor database (Salesforce) is set up and is able to track and analyze progress as well as forecast.
There is room to grow in this role, as over the next 3 years we expect this branch of our staff to be represented by a team of four. This position will manage our development associate and report to the CEO.
Position is based at the national headquarters in New York City, combination of remote and in office required. Some evenings and weekends and travel required.
Compensation & Benefits (FLSA Status: Exempt)
IHDF offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. The salary range for this position is $83,000-90,000 depending on qualifications. We also offer comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision and life insurance) and top of the market paid time off (vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays).
Donor Stewardship ( 35%)
- Manage new and existing Donor Relationships.
- Clean and deduplicate existing data and upload into new software (Salesforce)
- Develop and implement a donor stewardship plan to acknowledge and recognize the contributions of our supporters and ensure donor retention.
- Establish systems and procedures for data to support effective execution of our donor database
- Oversee all fundraising efforts, including major gifts, annual campaigns, special events, and grant applications.
- Create and execute effective communication strategies that promote the organization's mission and fundraising initiatives.
- Oversee the production of annual mail and electronic solicitation campaigns, including Giving Tuesday.
- Manage and optimize organizational development processes to increase funding revenue.
- Research donor prospects and maintaining a donor prospect list
Reporting and Analytics (15%)
- Create and maintain key performance metrics, track progress, and provide regular reports on fundraising activities to the CEO.
- Manage strategy for expansion of database usage on our SalesForce platform.
- Engage with the board of directors to provide regular updates on development efforts and seek their support in fundraising activities.
Other Responsibilities (15%)
- Directly manage and provide mentorship to a Development Operations Associate, ensuring the smooth functioning of maintaining data integrity in the donor database (Salesforce).
- Oversee and implement the grant application and reporting process, working closely with program staff to ensure that grant deliverables are met.
- Work with the finance team to develop and manage the development budget, ensuring that funds are allocated efficiently.
- A desire to support the mission and vision of the National “I Have A Dream” Foundation.
- Three + years of experience working in development
- Donor management expertise
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with donors
- Thorough understanding of project management; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines and goals.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships amongst many stakeholders to create buy in for a final and successful outcome.
- Understanding of the New York City fundraising landscape
- Supervisory experience in managing staff and teams of volunteers.
- Critical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Strong understanding of technology and information systems, managing a large donor database (Salesforce preferred)
- Professional fundraising experience with a proven track record of creating and executing effective fundraising strategies for diverse revenue streams. Proven success in planning and managing small to large fundraising events, grant writing, and soliciting and closing large gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations. 3+ years preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in nonprofit management, business management, marketing, or relevant field of study and/or equivalent life experience. CFRE is a plus.
- social media, and website management is a plus.
Physical and Cognitive Requirements necessary to perform this job
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, analytical, and cognitive skills.
- Conduct oral presentations, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Some evenings, weekends and travel.