Director, Corporate Initiatives
Director, Corporate Initiatives
Reports to: Senior Director, Development, or the Chief Development Officer
Responsible for meeting annual revenue targets by identifying and securing corporate and corporate foundation gifts and partnerships and managing relationships with these partners with assistance from a Regional Director or Program Manager.
- Generate corporate and corporate foundation partnerships resulting in general operations revenue, marketing exposure, and other benefits for Keep America Beautiful, and the Keep America Beautiful national affiliate network.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward prospective 6-7-figure corporate donors/partners to support Keep America Beautiful and the movement through sponsorships, program and philanthropic support, and cause marketing.
- Collaborate with Regional Directors, CEO, SVP for Programs, and affiliates to ensure partnerships are activated, relationships are managed appropriately, and stewardship plans are implemented all resulting in contract renewals. (Day-to-day management of partnership lives with Regional Director.)
- Research, cultivation and secure sponsor fundraising support for KAB signature experiences including the Greatest American Cleanup, America Recycles and The Reduce, Reuse, Recyclaball as well as our annual conference.
- Lead employee engagement activities, peer to peer fundraising, and special events partnerships with national corporate sponsors.
- Interact with Keep America Beautiful board members and senior leadership to cultivate corporate partnerships, create best strategy and connectivity for each prospect; Lead and/or support meetings/presentations with prospects; Work with team members to maximize strategy to achieve $7 million total annual goal.
- Ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling to prospects, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to ideate and develop comprehensive donor concept papers and proposals and create and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
- Proven track record in supporting organizational leadership in donor cultivation, communications, and events.
- High emotional intelligence (E.Q.), possibility thinking, collaboration and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize conflicting needs; handle requests and projects expeditiously, proactively, and follow them through to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills with an ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills with careful attention to details
- Comfortable with occasional travel, nationally and/or locally (approximately 15% of the time).
- A demonstrated passion for the mission of Keep America Beautiful and its national movement; interest/knowledge in environmental issues.
- Self-starter with ability and discipline to work majority of the time in a virtual environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel, etc) Salesforce, ASANA, and familiarity with employee engagement platforms (Benevity, YourCause)
$130,000-$145,000 plus bonus opportunity
About Keep America Beautiful
Founded in 1953, Keep America Beautiful is America’s premier community improvement organization. Keep America Beautiful continues to be the most credible organization in community restoration and resiliency by focusing on public education, mobilizing volunteers and creating partnerships.
Working at Keep America Beautiful
Keep America Beautiful has embraced a remote work policy to attract the best and brightest from all over America. If you live within 60 miles of Stamford, you will also work at our national headquarters. Keep America Beautiful’s national headquarters is walking distance from the Stamford Metro-North train station with a shuttle bus also available. The office features a free parking garage and gym in the building and is conveniently located near great restaurants, bars, shopping and beautiful Mill River Park.
Persons with national service experience (VISTA, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and veterans are encouraged to apply. Keep America Beautiful is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, being a party to a civil union, handicap or disabilities or perception of disabilities, political activity, or other protected class status. Discrimination in violation of this policy is prohibited.
You will be a member of a passionate team dedicated to the fulfillment of KAB’s mission. Just as KAB envisions a country in which every community is a clean, green, and a beautiful place to live, we also strive for our organization to be a beautiful place to work. We believe that it is intrinsic rewards that motivate employees sustainably, but respect the need for extrinsic rewards which would include but are not limited to our benefits listed here
· Very Competitive Pay for the non-profit sector
· Generous Employee Benefits Package
· Maternity and Parental Leave
· 403b Program
· Paid Holidays
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to