Vp Of Workforce & Partnership Development
President of Workforce and Partnership Development
Association of Clinicians for the Underserved (ACU) is adding to its team! ACU
is a fast-growing organization filled with mission-driven people committed to
improving the health of America’s underserved populations and supporting the
clinicians serving these populations. We are seeking a visionary and strategic
leader to join our team as the Vice President of Workforce and Partnership
Development. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for health equity, a deep
understanding of workforce development, and a proven track record in
cultivating meaningful partnerships to drive organizational growth and impact.
Reporting directly to the President/CEO, the Vice President of Workforce and
Partnership Development will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our
organization by leading efforts to grow and enhance ACUs workforce development
programs and services. As a part of that work, the VP of Workforce and
Partnership Development will assist in designing and driving organization
offerings to support the needs, skills and capabilities of clinicians and
healthcare professionals serving underserved communities. The ACU offices are
located in Washington, D.C.
Workforce Development Vision & Strategy:
- and implement a comprehensive workforce development strategy taking into
- account ACUs strategic plan and that addresses the unique needs of
- clinicians and healthcare professionals working in and caring for
- underserved communities.
- with ACU senior leadership to bring vision and innovation to continued
- development of ACUs workforce development programming and offerings.
- with internal teams to design and deliver targeted training programs,
- workshops, and resources that enhance clinical skills, operational
- efficiency, and cultural competence.
- abreast of industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in
- healthcare workforce development to ensure our offerings remain innovative
- and effective.
2. Partnership Cultivation and Management:
- establish, and nurture strategic partnerships with healthcare
- organizations, educational institutions, government agencies, and other
- stakeholders to expand the reach and impact of ACU initiatives.
- and manage partnership agreements, ensuring that mutual goals are met and
- that resources are maximized to benefit the healthcare workforce caring
- for and working in underserved communities as well as the patients they
3. Equity and Inclusion Initiatives:
- with the Equity and Inclusion team to integrate diversity, equity, and
- inclusion principles into all workforce development programs and
- initiatives that address disparities in healthcare access and outcomes,
- promote cultural competency and workforce diversity, and foster an
- inclusive environment for both clinicians and the communities they serve.
4. Program Evaluation and Impact Measurement:
- and implement methods to assess the effectiveness and impact of workforce
- development programs, using data-driven insights to continually improve
- and refine our offerings.
- report to senior leadership on program outcomes, partnership successes,
- and key performance indicators.
5. Team Leadership and Collaboration:
- and mentor a high-performing team of professionals, fostering a
- collaborative and cohesive work environment.
- closely with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of initiatives and
- shared organizational goals.
Other Projects as Needed
Qualifications for Position
Minimum of 10-12 years
of progressively responsible experience in workforce development, partnership
management, and healthcare operations, with a focus on underserved populations.
Strong knowledge of
healthcare policies, equity issues, and clinical practices that impact
Proven ability to
cultivate and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders,
including healthcare organizations, educational institutions, government agencies,
and community leaders.
leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to
motivate and inspire a team.
with the ability to use metrics and outcomes to guide decision-making and
with grant and proposal writing as well as subsequent grant and program
ACU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability
in its programs or activities. As an Employer of National Service, ACU
recognizes the unique skills of national service alumni. Accordingly,
AmeriCorps alumni, returned Peace Corps volunteers and other national service
participants are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a resume to
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Required: Some
Three weeks of vacation leave each year (accrued by
weeks of medical leave each year (accrued by pay period) plus 4 mental health
dental and vision insurance coverage (80% individual & 50% family paid by
Term Disability Insurance
to ACU’s 403(b) retirement plan