Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Headquarters: Hayward, CA
You are a self-starter with a bias for action, and you can take projects from start to finish. You want to work as part of a small, tightly-knit team that moves quickly and pushes changes to production many times a day. You always admired your friends in science, but your knack for computers led you to engineering.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers to top medical schools to cancer therapeutics companies, and we are humbled every day to be serving them.
What you'll do
- Build modern, scalable infrastructure-as-code on Kubernetes in AWS with Terraform.
- Work closely with our product development team to align infrastructure with their vision.
- Enable our product developers to move quickly, but most importantly, with confidence.
- Measure and improve site performance, reliability and scalability.
- Promote a blameless culture of trust and transparency.
- As the first member of our platform team, you will shape its future, with leadership opportunities available as the team grows.
What we're looking for
- Demonstrable experience writing clean, documentedTerraform code.
- Exposure to Kubernetes or other equivalent container orchestration tools.
- You have experience with other parts of our technology stack: Docker, MySQL on RDS, Elasticsearch, Redis, Beanstalkd, RabbitMQ, nginx, Git.
- You are a strong communicator. You write well and can easily explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
What we offer
- A rich benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and more
- Exciting team events that span across timezones - trivia nights, step challenges, and more!
- An opportunity to make a true impact - both internally at the company and externally for our customers
- Dynamic, transparent, and quirky company culture. !
Does that sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.