Director Of Operations
Grossman Solutions is looking for a highly motivated, strategic Director of Operations to join our expanding public affairs, political consulting, and executive search firm.
The Director of Operations will play a key role in helping our team succeed and grow. The Director will be responsible for overseeing the financial health of Grossman Solutions while leading the company’s day-to-day business operations, including human resources, client engagement, vendor management, and information technology.
The Director of Operations will join a diverse, fun, and passionate team dedicated to building power and advancing racial, social, and economic justice through our work. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with a firm grasp of finances and HR, exceptional interpersonal skills, and a knack for solving problems.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a curious, driven, and decisive professional with a love for politics to play a key role in a growing company. There is no typical day at Grossman Solutions; ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, always-changing environment.
Grossman Solutions works at the intersection of politics, people, and policy, and we pride ourselves on helping leaders lead. Founded in 2007, we bring decades of experience to help our clients build their organizations, develop winning strategies, identify and hire talented leaders, and powerfully execute their work.
We partner with advocacy groups, non-profit organizations, labor unions, and political campaigns to solve their most challenging problems.
Examples of our work include:
- Designing and executing a strategic statewide campaign to get hard-to-reach communities vaccinated
- Leading a coalition of community organizations and labor unions through a member-led candidate endorsement process in the New York City municipal elections
- Helping a national organization transition from c3 to c4 work, including establishing multiple state PACs and running independent expenditures
- Partnering with an abortion rights PAC to find an exceptional President & CEO as the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade and its leader of more than 30 years retired
Grossman Solutions is a remote workplace with members of our team working and living in Connecticut, Washington, D.C., New York, Minnesota, Colorado, and Puerto Rico. We have an office in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the financial functions of the firm
- Manage daily finances
- Evaluate short- and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, planning, and budgeting and serve as a thought partner to the Principal
- Oversee books of accounts and record keeping, including managing contract bookkeeper and accountant
- Oversee all HR administration, including the firm’s employee benefits programs and payroll
- Maintain strong relationships with staff, identifying their needs and supporting their work while creating an inclusive workplace culture
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of new staff and vendors
- Coordinate all aspects of employee onboarding and offboarding protocols and procedures
- Manage workers’ compensation and unemployment claims
- Assist in managing staff performance and documentation of performance issues
Client & Vendor Relations
- Administer billing and invoicing for all client and vendor contracts
- Develop working relationships with clients and vendors, serving as the main point of contact for billing and contract questions and general business inquiries
- Assist team to ensure monthly client reporting requirements are met
- Manage all company technology software systems and equipment and serve as first line tech support to the Grossman Solutions team
- Ensure the necessary technology, security protocols, and office infrastructure are in place to support a growing business
- Maintain user accounts on various IT platforms including registration information and password management
- Advise Principal on keeping all financial and HR policies and practices up to date with best practices and compliant with all applicable state and federal laws
- Organize and maintain all records related to finances, legal, contracts, and billing
- Manage Hartford office and support remote staff
- Support operational needs for client campaigns and projects, including human resources, banking, filing legal and tax documents, contracts, and compliance
- 7+ years in progressively responsible management roles
- Experience overseeing finance, human resources, and operations in politics, organizing, or advocacy
- Strong analytical thinking skills, with a demonstrated ability to problem solve and plan
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with colleagues and clients across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen eye for details, highly organized, and an ability to multitask
- High level of professional integrity and discretion with the ability to manage confidential, sensitive information
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, social, and economic justice
- Deep curiosity about the world and a strong sense of humor
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting and competing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and other financial software platforms
- Bachelor’s degree required; experience in accountancy is a plus
Structure and Location
Grossman Solutions is a remote workplace with staff across the country. Preference will be given to candidates in Connecticut (and the surrounding region), Washington, D.C., or New York City.
The Director of Operations will report to and collaborate with Founder and Principal Andrew Grossman.
Grossman Solutions is committed to practicing salary transparency. The starting salary for this position is $70,000 and the maximum is $90,000, commensurate with experience.
- Grossman Solutions provides a generous and competitive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance with premiums fully covered for employees and their dependents
- 401K benefits including 3% employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Account program
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- $80 monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off including vacation, personal days and holidays
- Opportunities for professional development and a learning-oriented culture that supports growth
Grossman Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. Grossman Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.