Digital Communications Coordinator
New Ways Ministry, a 46-year Catholic outreach that educates and advocates for equity, inclusion, and justice for LGBTQ+ persons, seeks a part-time, contract Digital Communications Coordinator.
Description of Position:
The Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for further developing and managing New Ways Ministry’s social media channels and email communications. The focus of these digital outlets is to promote up-to-date pastoral resources, news, and programs for Catholic LGBTQ+ ministry and advocacy developed by staff. This position is available immediately
The Coordinator works primarily with the Associate Director on a variety of tasks:
- Posting updates to existing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Threads), as well as interacting with constituents on these platforms and ensuring timely responses to direct messages
- Strategizing for and developing the organization’s possible presence on TikTok and YouTube
- Creating a distribution calendar for and drafting of regular emails through Constant Contact
- Maintaining and analyzing social media data compiled into periodic reports
- Other digital administrative assignments as needed
- Familiarity with Catholic teachings, practices, and culture, particularly related to LGBTQ+ issues and church reform/renewal.
- Bachelor’s degree and several years of demonstrated professional experience with developing and managing digital content.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with social media for nonprofit use.
- Professional knowledge of WordPress, Later, and Constant Contact required. Knowledge of Little Green Light or similar CRM preferred.
- Proven ability for graphic design. Knowledge of Canva preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing, particularly for social media preferred.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and self-motivation
- Ability to work in a team environment
This position is remote, though the option for on-site employment is possible if located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
This Digital Content Coordinator is not an employee but an independent contractor, who will receive a 1099 tax form and will be responsible for paying all relevant taxes. As an independent contractor, the person is not entitled to receive benefits that are given to full-time employees.
- Approx. 75 (70-80) hours/month
- Initial contract is for 6 months after which there will be a reassessment based on mutually agreed upon needs. There is a 1 month probationary period at the beginning
- Possible opportunity to move to full-time, benefits-eligible employee
New Ways Ministry is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation in any of its activities or operations.