Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure
What do you do all day?
At NMSI, our people mean everything to us, they are the lifeblood of the organization. Without our staff, NMSI is just an idea. As a member of the Technology Team, the Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure will play a critical role in supporting designing and implementing technology to expand the delivery capabilities of NMSI.
This role reports to the Director of Application Development & Business Analysis and is a regular full-time position that can be performed from anywhere in the contiguous United States. Occasional travel is required for in-person meetings and conferences.
What are the details?
- Provide overall direction and effectively manage information technology and computing systems tools associated with enterprise systems.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with IT managed services provider to ensure they provide excellent customer service to staff, provision and manage hardware and software resources effectively, adhere to cybersecurity practices, and act as the lead on coordinated technology projects.
- Design, plan, and coordinate IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the Technology department.
- Work closely with Technology senior leadership to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Design, plan and create virtual machines; implement and manage virtual networking within Azure Cloud.
- Administer cloud infrastructure, Office 365 environment, Single Sign-On (SSO), Domain Controllers, DNS, Active Directory Federation Services, Microsoft SQL Database Servers, and Web servers.
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access and efficient, secure and stable environments.
- Manage cybersecurity awareness program.
- Apply and manage appropriate standards and controls, policies and procedures as appropriate for assigned areas.
- Establish and manage appropriate goals, objectives and metrics for Enterprise Infrastructure and vendors.
- Support senior leadership in developing and executing long-term tactical plans for the Technology team and broader organization.
- Creates disaster recovery plans, scripts, and tests.
- Document system guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Stays abreast of technology changes and updates for assigned area.
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Education & Experience Eight years or more work experience with a minimum of five years related experience, including IT systems and networking.
- Strategic Thinker You demonstrate an analytical approach with a strong ability to uncover and resolve problems. You think analytically, prioritize tasks and develop processes that monitor progress and performance. You rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Organized & Productive You demonstrate strong organizational skills while working in a fast-paced environment. You can work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines. You have Intermediate to advanced project and program management knowledge. You have a proven track record of managing, organizing, overseeing and delivering on projects.
- Innovator You can easily innovate and provide functional applications with intuitive interfaces.
- Communicator You can effectively communicate complex technology concepts in laymen’s terms with the ability to construct user guides and documentation. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical Expertise You have an in-depth understanding of Information Technology Organization, Processes, Procedures, Controls, Standards, Platforms, Technologies and Best Practices. Skills an abilities with
- MS Win; MS Server OS
- Cloud Technologies: Azure, Rackspace
- Core infrastructure: DNS, SSO, AD Domain Controllers, ADFS, SSL, VPN
- Scripting: PowerShell, Python
- Network Administration/System Engineer certifications (ITIL certified preferred)
What do we offer?
The starting salary range for this position is $89,413 - $102,825 and commensurate with related experience. We take pay equity seriously and work hard to ensure our team members are paid fairly regardless of their gender, race, or other demographic backgrounds. In addition to a competitive salary with the potential for an annual pay increase, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package, including paying roughly 78% of employee-only medical, dental, and vision benefits plus a large portion for dependents. Staff are eligible to participate in 401(k) after 90 days of employment, with up to a 6% employee match, fully vested on day one of participation in the plan. Other benefits for full-time employees include referral and performance-based annual bonuses, telecommunications stipends for eligible remote employees, 25 paid holidays annually (including a two-week-long winter break), and a generous PTO policy starting at 12 days per year. We strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff members can show up as their authentic selves, participating in DEI-focused learning opportunities and employee-led affinity groups.
Want to learn more?
Theis a national nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming math and science education in today’s classrooms and ensuring that all students have the knowledge and skills to thrive in the global economy of the 21st century. Founded in 2007, NMSI began by dramatically improving student participation and success in rigorous Advanced Placement math, science and English courses in 85 courses across seven states. Today, NMSI has scaled its proven program to serve more than 1.5 million students, 50,000 teachers, 1,000 high schools and 45 universities across 40 states and is having a demonstrable and lasting impact on student outcomes. Go to to learn more.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
National Math + Science Initiative (NMSI) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NMSI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.