Data Analyst, The Hackett Center For Mental Health
The Hackett Center for Mental Health (The Center) at Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute (Meadows Institute) seeks a collaborative and strategic professional to serve as a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst will support the work of The Center’s research and evaluation activities, focusing on data collection and management, program monitoring and quantitative and qualitative analysis. The Data Analyst will support the research team by helping to maintain the Center’s program and evaluation datasets, providing basic data management and analytic support, and assisting with reporting and project management in keeping with data management policies and standards of the Meadows Institute. Specifically, the Data Analyst will be responsible for data management and statistical analyses; data abstraction, collection, and entry; development of dashboards for program monitoring purposes; executing data requests; reviewing data received; and providing administrative support to the research team and collaborative partners engaged in programming efforts with The Center. The Data Analyst will be expected to work collaboratively with staff, contractors, partner agencies, and Center stakeholders. The preferred work location for this position is in Texas. This position may not be filled or performed in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Montana, Rhode Island, or Washington at this time. Statewide travel (up to 10%) may be required. Some duties may require access to reliable personal transportation.
• Work closely with the Senior Director for Research, Evaluation, and Performance in providing oversight and management of quantitative and qualitative data collection efforts for The Center’s program monitoring, evaluation and research projects.
• Create data dashboards for monitoring purposes.
• Coordinate and prepare data-related deliverables, including presentations, grant proposals, reports and requests.
• Assist with the administration and timely submission of reporting requirements for funded grant projects and other grant-funded initiatives in which The Center is a partner.
• Conduct data management activities for needs and community assessment projects and evaluation projects conducted by The Center.
• Assist with quantitative community assessment projects conducted by The Center.
• Conduct analyses for other projects and programs, as assigned.
• Assist in the identification and development of evaluation and research grant applications.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in public health or related fields.
• 1-3 years of database management experience, including experience with data capture platforms, such as REDCap and Qualtrics.
• 1-3 years experience assessing projects with regards to data, service tracking, intended outcomes and developing/implementing an aligned evaluation design.
• 1-3 years of direct experience analyzing data using standard statistical software for data management and analysis, such as R, Stata, SPSS, or SAS.
• Proficiency in creating data visualizations in software applications, such as Tableau or R.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (particularly, MS PowerPoint and formulas and programming in Excel).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues. This includes overcoming geographic and other potential barriers to communicating with and making contributions to the team’s work.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Capacity to think strategically, critically, and respond analytically.
• Flexibility in working with new issues, topics, and approaches.
• Familiarity with behavioral health services, data and/or policy issues in Texas.
• Familiarity with health equity issues as they relate to behavioral health in Texas.
• Experience with – or a willingness to learn SQL.