Finance Manager - Us
Position Title: Finance Manager
Purpose: The Finance Manager is responsible for financial
accountability and ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing
leadership for all finance activities. This position oversees the Accounting
& Finance functions for Global Give Back Circle (GGBC) USA (a 501 (c) 3 organization).
1. Financial Planning and Management:
- Has primary oversight of all GGBC department and project
- Prepares analysis of key financial indicators and is responsible
for monthly/ quarterly reconciliation, statements, and updates of departmental
- Provides clear information to the leadership team regarding
departmental and program spending.
- Responsible for the budget requirements of proposals
developed/submitted by GGBC.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for the Board of Directors
including a narrative on financial results.
- Oversees the completion of banking activity and cash flow
forecast for the organization.
2. Accounting and Financial Reporting:
- Responsible for the accuracy and ethical preparation of
financial reports and data.
- Manages all accounting functions, including grant management
accounting, accounts payable, and payroll and benefits.
- Assures appropriate policies and oversight are instituted to
assure integrity in the management of all GGBC finances.
- Oversees Grant Management and management of Donor restricted
- Assembles supporting documentation for audit requirements.
- Provides information for the completion of Form 990, and other
annual financial reports.
- Ensures accounting for activities is in accordance with all
local laws and implements new accounting and reporting requirements, as
- Ensures compliance with US reporting requirements, and insurance
reports, if any, and that other government regulatory requirements are met.
- Recommends and implements fiscal policies and procedures
consistent with GGBC requirements and the requirements of our funding partners.
- Sets financial policies and requirements related to partner MOUs
and funds management.
3. Budgeting and Cost Management:
- Analyzes reports and statistics for use in developing new and
improved policies, procedures, and budget processes.
- Identifies areas for improved cost management, and works with
program managers to implement cost reduction opportunities.
4. Audit and Compliance:
- Responsible for interface with external auditors and preparation
of all financial statements and footnotes.
- Experience in coordination of audit activities, budget
development, and financial analysis
5. Leadership and People Management:
- Works collaboratively with GGBC CEO and Executive Director, and
programming implementation partners in Kenya, Rwanda and other African
countries entering the program, to assess capacity opportunities to ensure the
maximization of grant management.
- CPA or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of US Federal and State Accounting, Tax, and Legal requirements.
- Experience in coordination of audit activities, budget development, and financial analysis.
- Strong understanding of non-profit accounting, grantmaking, funds distribution and financial reporting to funder.
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and
- effective written and verbal communication skills.
Employment is contingent upon completion of a clean background check.
Employment contingent upon signed acknowledgment and compliance of all organization policies including but not limited to: Safeguarding, Gender Policy, Intellectual Property, etc.
Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks and payroll systems are preferred.
BS/BA in Accounting; MBA preferred.
Experience in a non-profit environment preferred.
$70,000 - $75,000
Please send a cover letter & resume to: