Senior Marketing Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Analyst to join our Office of Membership. Working closely with the Assistant Directors of Membership Marketing, you will review, combine, and evaluate transactional data, digital analytics data, and other third-party data to optimize both online and offline marketing tactics and strategies. This requires the use of Excel, Power BI, and MS SQL to design and update datasets to develop and monitor member acquisition and renewal models and dashboards.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
- Manage efforts to track, report, and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics across channels.
- Work with the Directors of Marketing to deliver actionable recommendations based on reported results, benchmarks, discovered patterns, etc. to share on-going insights into campaign and business performance with marketing team members and internal stakeholders.
- Conduct recurring web reporting to monitor user journeys and user experiences to create optimization recommendations to achieve KPIs and goals.
- Gather data from multiple datasets and data systems, organize data into relational systems using business intelligence tools such as Power BI to build clear, usable dashboards in coordination with the Research & Data Analytics (RDA) and IT teams.
- Use these data systems and data tools to create projections that determine yearly Acquisition/Renewal goals based on budget, historical performance, and expected renewal pools.
- Forecast end year outcomes based on first half year performance.
- Perform a variety of activities to support the setup and execution of marketing campaigns including landing page and online journey setup and testing, following up with fulfillment vendors, and working with IT to troubleshoot and resolve any campaign set up, tracking, reporting and analysis issues.
- Drive the implementation of new tools and technology.
- Provide support for ad-hoc data & research requests, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables, etc.).
- Proficient with Power BI or equivalent to build and update data dashboards or other needed data visualizations to address department research questions.
- Familiarity with MS SQL, Adobe Analytics, R and/or Python or equivalent are preferred.
- Proficient understanding of digital marketing and measurement of campaign KPIs.
- Able to analyze diverse, complex data sets to track trends and patterns for member acquisitions and renewals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex quantitative subject matter clearly and effectively to internal stakeholders (often “non-quant” audiences), both verbally and in writing.
- General understanding of digital retail operations (customer journey, marketing channels, funnel conversion, targeting, personalization, digital merchandizing/account opening).
- Ability to execute hypothesis testing concepts and practices (representative data, sample sizes, statistical significance, etc.) and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques, segmentation, customer profitability, ROI, a plus.
- Superb personal time management skills, highly organized, have the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Must be able to work independently, exercise good judgement, and demonstrate the ability to take initiative.
- Keen attention to detail.
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position by October 14, 2023. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A member of Human Resources will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
DC Metro Area preferred but open to remote workers in select states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where AAAS has a business presence, you may not be eligible for this position. Please contact our Talent Team atwith any questions regarding your eligibility.
The anticipated initial rate of compensation for this position is between $80,000 and $93,774 per year. AAAS currently provides the following benefits for this position: paid vacation leave, paid sick leave, paid holidays, health insurance, flexible spending account, dental insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, retirement benefits, short- and long-term disability, each subject to the terms of the applicable program. Additional benefits may apply.
Any actual offer of employment, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be made in the sole discretion of AAAS and will be based on a variety of factors, including years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant factors. AAAS reserves the right to amend or modify its employment benefits and compensation structure at any time.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Any unsolicited resumes sent to AAAS from a third party, such as an agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to an AAAS mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to AAAS employees, or to the AAAS resume database will be considered AAAS property. Verbal or written communications from any employee of AAAS shall not be considered binding obligations. AAAS Human Resources is the only AAAS representative authorized by AAAS enter into any employment agreements with any third party. AAAS will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.