Full Stack Web Developer
We are seeking a full-stack web developer to join, a leading community website for coin enthusiasts. Founded in 2007, we publish one of the largest numismatic reference catalogues. The catalogue, enriched collaboratively in a Wikipedia-like manner, aims to detail all the coins, banknotes, tokens and medals of the world from all periods. Our platform also allows collectors to manage their collection online, swap with other users and discuss on a numismatic forum.
Our team currently consists of two full time workers – a technical founder and a catalogue curator, both based in Europe – assisted with around 100 volunteers around the world for administrating the catalogue. As a new member of the team, you will play an integral role in speeding up the delivery of new features and improving existing ones. Our team operates remotely and asynchronously, relying mainly on chat for communication.
- Experience with PHP, SQL databases and web frontend development.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Interest in numismatics or a willingness to learn.
- Proficient in English writing and communication.
- This is a contract role so you’ll need to be registered as a freelancer (or similar) and be able to issue invoices to the company.
Candidates having one or more of the following optional skills are preferred:
- Experience managing large databases.
- Experience in UX / UI.
- Strong attention to details.
- Basic proficiency in the French language.
EUR €20,000 - €30,000 per yearPlease mention the word TRUSTED when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjYwMDozYzAzOjpmMDNjOjkxZmY6ZmU3YzpiN2Ji). This is a feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they're human.
$20,000 — $30,000/year
🌎 Distributed team