Temporary Development Coordinator
Location: Remote (must be able to overlap with US Eastern Time Zone and Pacific Standard Time)
Girl Rising Background and Mission
Girl Rising is a US based non-profit whose mission is to use the power of storytelling to change the way the world values girls and their education. Girl Rising began in 2009 as a social action campaign with a film at its center, profiling nine girls around the world, each defying the odds and confronting barriers to education. We have evolved into a global non-profit that collaborates closely with local organizations, providing educational resources, teacher training, and financial assistance to advance our partners’ adolescent girls' education and gender equity work.
We recently launched a new multi-part storytelling, educational and advocacy initiative called Future Rising, focused on girls’ education as a potent climate solution. The three main pillars of Girl Rising’s work:
● We Create films, media content and educational resources that tell the stories of girls, the realities they face and the futures they desire- and the seismic ways in which educating girls transform families, communities and entire nations.
● We Collaborate with organizations around the world to support locally led change that accelerates and strengthens quality education and greater opportunity for girls.
● We Activate change by inspiring individuals, from parents to presidents, to support action for girls’ education and girls’ rights. We strive to change mindsets, norms and policy so that girls everywhere can go to school, rise and thrive.
* We currently work in Ghana, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, and the United
The Temporary Development Coordinator will assist in the execution of day-to-day development and administrative activities for the organization. This role will work closely with the development team, assisting in processing donations, maintaining development documents, logging data into Salesforce and running Salesforce reports, in addition to other administrative tasks as needed.
● Process donations that come in by check, wire, Benevity or similar
● Maintain Finance Income documents and log donated revenues into Salesforce
● Send acknowledgment receipt letters for donations
● Process Salesforce open leads on a weekly basis
● Generate regular donation Salesforce reports for the Development Team
● Check donations email account on a regular basis
● Provide additional administrative support to the team as needed.
● Liaise with the Communication team for the implementation of Development campaigns as needed
● Create and monitor campaigns in Salesforce and Click & Pledge
● Log meeting notes into Salesforce
● Keep Salesforce Development dashboards updated
● Conduct prospect research as assigned
● Provide administrative support for grant proposals and reports
● Provide event coordination support
● B.A./B.S. degree
● Two-three years of experience in fundraising
● Two years of experience in project and administrative management
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce. Experience with Click and Pledge is a plus
● Ability to work independently as well as collaborate well with others, including staff in different global locations
The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $50,000 a year for US-based applicants. For applicants residing outside the US, salary will be commensurate with the country's cost of living.
This position is temporary, full-time, and is fully remote. Candidate’s working hours must overlap with US Eastern Time Zone by at least 4 hours. Candidate will closely collaborate with team members in EST, CST and PST.
Girl Rising is committed to a culture of equity, inclusion and anti-racism. Girl Rising provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume addressed to. The cover letter should be no longer than 400 words, and include mention of how you learned about the position. Please submit all of these materials as a single PDF. The subject line of the email should say “Application for Temporary Development Coordinator”