Full-stack Software Engineer 🔥
The role is part-time for 3 days per week but it could grow into a full-time role later (only if you’re open to that, no pressure).
This role is flexible and asynchronous (generally we don’t have meetings, standups or calls) so it’s perfect for a digital nomad, a new parent, or someone pursuing other interests or a side project. You can spread the hours throughout the week however you like.
We’re headquartered in the UK but the company is fully remote and the team is spread all over the world.
Three years in, our mission is to build the best outreach and research database for podcasts. The goal is to model the entire podcast industry and that means collecting and organising a lot of disparate data and visualising it in a useful, friendly format.
You may also be working on our other product (it’s built on the same stack) and perhaps other apps in the future.
You should have strong skills in at least one of either React or Python and be open to learning about any pieces that you’re missing from the list below.
- React / Next.js
Ideally You Are
- 👍 A motivated self-starter who’s comfortable working without too much day-to-day supervision
- 🎧 Someone who (at least occasionally!) listens to podcasts
- 🤓 A bit of data geek (we collect and transform a lot of it)
- 💬 Comfortable working in a remote, asynchronous team environment with mostly chat-based communication
You’ll take responsibility for substantial parts of our development and ship new features from scratch.
Some examples of features you might build:
- Figure out how to integrate podcasts uploaded to YouTube with our existing database
- Build a "Google Trends for podcasts" tool using our data
- A/B test changes to the onboarding flow in order to increase conversions
- Availability for at least 3 days per week (i.e. 3 x 8 hours, so 24 hours in total) but you can split and spread the hours throughout the week, however you like
- Strong written English skills
- This is a contract role so you’ll need to be registered as a freelancer (or similar) and be able to issue invoices to the company
- You use either Linux or macOS for your work
US $72,000 per year (equivalent to ~$120k full-time)
How to Apply
Drop an email to telling us a little bit about your background and experience and how it relates to the role. We'll take it from there. You must include the word “pineapple” somewhere in the email.
The process is: a 30-min initial call with the founder, a short take-home assignment (we’ll pay you for your time) followed by a final call to discuss your work.