Senior Ux Researcher
The Experience Research team sits within a multidisciplinary team of researchers, Zillow Research & Insights (ZRI), which includes Customer and Partner Insights Strategists, UX Researchers, Behavioral Scientists, and Population Scientists. We all play a significant role within the greater product and marketing organizations. ZRI sits within Zillow Experience Design (ZxD), a fast-paced, collaborative, and driven product design team. We’re a tight-knit, fun-loving, and upbeat group.
– We build useful, usable, and innovative experiences for Zillow customers. These experiences live across web, mobile, and internal software platforms.
– Our team cares deeply about solving problems for real people – customers, co-workers, and everyone else. We seek to make everything a little better than we found it.
About the role
As a senior UX researcher, you’re responsible for driving research and design strategy to craft phenomenal customer experiences. You’ll provide our data-hungry team with meaningful customer insights and work with designers to evaluate experience outcomes. Our mission is to make Zillow the most-loved place to discover, buy, sell, or rent a home.
- Apply appropriate research methods (qual and quant) to investigate and tackle ambitious customer problems
- Synthesize and frame customer needs to guide product strategy and innovation
- Advocate for customer needs throughout the design process and ensure they align with business initiatives
- Work closely with marketers, designers, product managers, and engineers
- Propose, test, and evaluate ideas that improve Zillow customer experiences
- Lead research activities like user interviews, contextual inquiry, quantitative surveys, diary studies, co-design sessions, concept evaluation, and usability testing
- Measure the success of products and how they improve customer experiences
- Present research insights and regularly engage with partners
- Lead multiple projects independently, prioritize business objectives, and deliver high-quality work on time
- Contribute, learn, grow, and have fun
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $135,500.00 – $216,500.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- 5–7 years as a user researcher or similar role
- Experience working optimally with diverse, cross-functional product teams to guide strategic decisions
- Experience collaborating with other UX, insights, and consumer analytics researchers, especially for sophisticated/multi-modal studies
- Experience translating research findings into product improvements and describing why they matter to customers and business
- Experience defining customer experience opportunities, identifying connections across lines of business, and solving big-picture problems
- Experience presenting findings, engaging partners in research, and influencing them to take action
- Experience prioritizing research activities to deliver practical insights and direction quickly
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative methods to understand user behaviors and address business objectives
Here at Zillow, we value ALL candidates with a diverse set of backgrounds, experience, and skills. If you have experience and meet at least some of the criteria, we encourage you to apply!