Technical Support Representative 🔥
It's time to hire another amazing individual again. You could be the pick of the litter! Are you a resourceful problem solver who loves delivering top-notch customer service? If you’re good at diagnosing technical issues, enjoy helping customers, and have solid writing skills, then please apply!
Porkbun is a fully-remote domain name registrar. We’re looking to add multiple U.S.-based, full-time Technical Support Representatives. We are hiring from within states where we are already operational; eligibility is restricted to: California, Florida, Idaho, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, or Washington.
From .com to .pizza to .plumbing, Porkbun sells more than 500 domain extensions direct to consumers. Our no-nonsense interface and super-affordable prices mean we’re adding new customers at a fantastic rate. We have become the go-to registrar for tech savvy individuals such as developers, while bargain-hunters are surprised to learn that we offer incredible support despite our industry-low prices.
We think Porkbun.com is the best registrar on the web. But even the easiest-to-use interface can’t solve every customer problem.
- “How do I connect my domain to Shopify?”
- “How do I transfer my domain to Porkbun?”
- “My website isn’t working.”
- “How do I purchase Wordpress hosting?”
- “Why didn’t my payment go through?”
- “Why is your company named Porkbun?”
- You can write emails with a professional tone, and deliver excellent support… even in the face of customer stress, tantrums, and disasters of their own making (and sometimes ours 😬)
- You love the feeling of making a customer happy
- You’re a really good problem solver
- You have at least two years of tech support experience either at an internal help desk or customer-facing position
- You have a steady Internet connection and a quiet room to work out of
- You work efficiently in a remote work environment
- You are perfectly fine with horrible hilarious puns
- Attach your resume and cover letter to an email as two separate .pdf documents
- Address your email with the subject line “Technical Support Representative”
- Begin your email body by copying, pasting, and responding to the below qualifying questions. If you are responding NO, we are sorry but you are not eligible for the role:
- Are you based in the USA and eligible for employment (Yes/No)?
- Are you based in one of the following states: California, Florida, Idaho, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, or Washington (Yes/No)?
- Do you have two or more years of support experience (Yes/No)?
- Feel free to add other relevant, brief content to your email but it must begin with those three questions and your accurate responses
- Send that email with attachments to email@example.com
Starting pay: $40,000 / year + benefits
This position offers full medical, dental, and vision benefits (single), starting after 90 days, and a Simple IRA plan with company contribution after the first year.
Why work for Porkbun:
We’re a small team, but we’re making a big splash in a multi-billion-dollar industry, like a pig running through a puddle. This means a single, motivated individual can make a huge impact.
Porkbun is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis. This is a fun place to work, but we’re not blind optimists; instead our culture thrives on clear-eyed assessments to recognize and solve problems. Also, everyone who works here is genuinely nice. If this sounds like heaven to you, please apply.