Bicycle Safety Director
he New York Bicycling Coalition (NYBC) is seeking a highly organized, self-starter to join our organization as the Bicycle Safety Director. The Bicycle Safety Director will work an average of 20 hours per week to guide NYBC’s efforts surrounding bike and pedestrian safety in accordance with New York State grant funding. The Bicycle Safety Director will be expected to have the skills and the humility to engage in high level strategic work managing multiple projects while also completing critical detail-oriented administrative tasks.
- Project Management:
- Manage grant funded projects, and ensure that project deliverables are moving forward and on track.
- Write narrative reports and submit them to the funder.
- Write and submit grant proposals to the funder.
- Hire & manage contractors and ensure deliverables are on time and complete.
- Regularly communicate with the funder, contractors, and key stakeholders.
- Report progress weekly, or more frequently if needed, to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors or their designee.
- Keep accurate records of time, attendance, grant materials distribution, and expenses. Ensure contractors do the same.
- Ensure all organizational documentation and forms are maintained and up to date as required by grant the funder.
- Address administrative issues on a daily basis including mail, vendor queries, funder queries, and several other issues.
- Perform outreach to improve relationships and collaborations with key stakeholders across NYS to deliver bicycle and pedestrian safety programming.
- Oversee website updates related to grant funded programs, social media updates related to grant-funded programs, and newsletter articles related to grant-funded programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice, Non-Profit Management, Communications, or a related field. OR 3-5 years of experience in a related field.
- Must have a strong interest in bicycle and pedestrian safety. Additional consideration will be given to candidates familiar with NYBC’s mission and programming.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; bilingual abilities greatly desired.
- Proficiency in data analytics.
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and social media/ communication platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Mailchimp).
- Able to work independently, collaboratively and flexibly.
- Use NYBC Mac laptop or your own computer and your own internet access.
- Part time employment averaging 20 hours/week.
- Additional hours may be approved for special events.
- The Bicycle Safety Director will report to the board or their designee, and will be required to set their own schedule while working remotely.
- Occasional weekend hours to attend special events and conferences.
- Attend monthly NYBC evening board video conference calls.
Please forward a resume, 2 writing samples, and a cover letter stating why you are up for the challenge toby September 15, 2023.