About ISA: The International Sign Association (ISA), recognized by the Council of Manufacturing Associations as a “Best Place to Work”, is a leading association for the sign, graphics and visual communications industry. Our industry is vibrant and creative—we expect our marketing efforts to match that. We host ISA International Sign Expo®, an annual tradeshow and conference that draws 15,000-20,000 attendees as well as smaller boutique/niche in-person and virtual events. We are highly selective in who we hire, expecting candidates to live up to ISA’s culture code, not see titles but see opportunities, roll up their sleeves to support day-to-day operations, and position us for the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Board and Committee Coordination
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the ISA Board of Directors and SRF Board of Trustees, coordinating scheduling and communicating relevant information to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing ISA and SRF elections, ensuring compliance with relevant Bylaw requirements and timelines, as well as communicating necessary information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for coordinating Board meeting materials, including gathering needed information, editing content, and creating and disseminating Board meeting packets.
- Coordinate the creation of committee goal documents and rosters; manage committee distribution lists in Outlook; and assist committee liaisons with scheduling meetings as needed.
- Coordinate with the meetings department on ISA and SRF Board meeting logistics and communicate details to board members, committee members, and/or staff.
- Build surveys and forms and coordinate approval, distribution and analysis.
- Process reimbursement requests from board and committee members.
- Provide board/committee level administrative support, including scheduling and coordinating calls/meetings, for the President and CEO as needed.
- Coordinate end-of-service awards and gifts for outgoing board and committee members.
Administrative Support to President & CEO/Senior Leadership Team
- Provide administrative support for the President and CEO as needed.
- Coordinate the Distinguished Service Award process including committee meetings, communicating with award recipients and stakeholders, and onsite presentation of award.
- Manage all-staff calendar and assist in planning and coordinating staff meetings, retreats and activities.
- Monitor the and inboxes, fielding, responding and/or rerouting questions as needed.
- Assist ISA’s Data Working Group with technology research and data hygiene, entry and tracking.
- Update Salesforce, HubSpot and/or MapYourShow with accurate contact information based on email bounce backs.
- Assist with the production of ISA and SRF progress and annual reports.
- Monitor and handle outside email communications, such as unauthorized ISA International Sign Expo solicitations and visa requests.
- Manage organizational memberships and subscriptions to ensure evaluation and timely renewal.
- Assist project team leaders with entering projects, maintaining processes and structure and ensuring projects are meeting timelines within ISA/SRF’s organizational project management software.
- Assist program manager with planning, coordination and execution of industry B2B programs, stakeholder and partner engagement, strategic planning and assist in other areas as needed.
- Assist executive director of NASSD with membership invoices, annual meeting materials, annual member survey, and other duties as needed.
- Assist industry relations manager with ISA Elite nomination and selection process, coordinate meeting logistics and assist in other areas as needed.
- Assist other project team leaders and staff as needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including phone etiquette and verbal and written communications.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills for initiating conversations and partnerships with key member segments, affiliated association leadership and other partners/organizations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and others.
- Ability to prioritize and execute projects.
- Commitment to professionalism, reliability, accuracy, detail, and follow-up.
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of thinking strategically and creatively.
- Ability to travel domestically occasionally, including weekends.
Collaboration Required With:
- Affiliated Associations’ executive directors, boards, partners and members.
- ISA members, prospects and non-members.
- ISA event attendees, exhibitors and prospects.
- ISA staff and leadership team.
- Partners and outside vendors.
About You: You are an uber-organized, detail-oriented, professional who can set priorities while juggling many tasks and deadlines. You enjoy supporting the successful day-to-day operations of a team by listening well, asking questions, and creating timelines. You enjoy working with and talking to people and are willing to jump in as needed to help get the job done. You are observant and do not hesitate to make process improvement suggestions.
You excel at cultivating relationships with all types of people and can intuitively understand and respond to members, vendors, and colleagues in a timely and courteous manner. You are curious and enjoy finding solutions when presented with unknown situations. You are technically adept and highly accurate at data entry and records management.
You have a minimum of 5+ years of administrative support, member engagement and/or project management experience. You have experience working with senior management and C-suite.