Data and Analytics Specialist
The Data & Analytics Specialist’s primary responsibility is managing the organization's internal and external data projects and reports.
Reports to: Technology Director
Key Relationships: Vendor Coordinator, Data and Tools Coordinator, Digital Organizing Director, National Digital Organizers
- Gather relevant data from various sources, including internal databases, surveys, and external data sets.
- Ensure accurate and consistent data entry to maintain the integrity of the organization's data.
- Clean and preprocess data to identify and rectify errors, missing values, and inconsistencies.
- Format and transform data into a structured format suitable for analysis.
- Perform basic exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and correlations within the data.
- Create charts, graphs, and visualizations to communicate findings effectively.
- Generate regular and ad hoc reports for internal stakeholders, presenting data-driven insights in a clear and actionable manner.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that the reports meet their specific needs.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the organization's database, ensuring data accuracy and security.
- Help develop processes for organizing and archiving data for future reference.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the organization's progress toward its goals.
- Regularly update and analyze these metrics to assess performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Work closely with other teams, such as program managers, fundraisers, and communications, to support their data needs.
- Communicate effectively to understand their requirements and provide relevant data insights.
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and maintain ethical standards when handling sensitive information.
- Analyze data-related challenges and suggest potential solutions to optimize processes and decision-making.
- Work with the Technology Director to develop and execute tactics to keep all of our data and our partners' data secure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in office movement, electoral, or labor work.
- Must be proficient in Google Sheets functions and SQL
- Database management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively present findings and insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Precise data entry skills and a keen eye for identifying errors or inconsistencies in data.
- Effective organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills to identify challenges, formulate solutions, and make informed decisions
- Strong commitment to racial, social, economic, and gender justice
- A goal-driven, detail-oriented self-starter and part of a collaborative team
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures and challenge people to take risks in order to make change
- Passion for social justice, building power in multi-racial working-class communities, decolonizing political organizing spaces, empowering grassroots leaders, and enacting impactful socio-economic policies towards long-term systemic changes
- Proven ability to handle projects, set priorities, manage details, and follow through independently
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on an array of competing tasks.