Remote - Surgery Scheduler
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 450 providers including over 200 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State.
At Proliance, our patients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire, develop and engage great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and encourage growth and development to make our organization a great place to work. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we’ve experienced, and how we think to create Exceptional Outcomes , Personally Delivered .
We are proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit and pay package including health coverage, 401k with match and profit share, PTO and more! Check out our main career site for more details at www.proliancesurgeons.com/careers
Be Part of Who We Are!
Key Duties And Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the Surgery Scheduler typically include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance to all patients and/or their caregivers on completing necessary forms and information to be provided, making sure to update this in the practice management software; ensure completion of all pre and post operational data
- Assist with facilitation of outside referrals and/or out of state consultations
- Schedule appointments via phone or in-person, verifying eligibility, facilitation of referrals and triaging with physicians and clinical staff to resolve any scheduling problems
- Make reservations for surgeries and schedule the date based on the availability of the surgeon, the surgical team and the medical condition of the patient
- Assure appropriate coordination with other medical professionals involved and the related surgical center/location’s departments, when special surgical needs occur.
- Schedule any diagnostic testing required and the related follow-up
- Act as a contact for patients with regards to surgery scheduling
- Inform the patient and any relevant third party through instructions about “things to do” before and after surgery
- Set post-surgical appointments with physicians and perform all related tests and tasks
- Complete duties and assist others as directed
- Must follow all policies as introduced during new associate On-Boarding, updated real-time and outlined in Associate Handbook
- High school diploma or its equivalent required, courses related to anatomy, biology, physiology or medical terminology a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical office
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications; NextGen and/or EMR experience is an asset
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and function well in a fast paced, high pressure environment
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may be performed in an office and clinical environment. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is required to sit for long periods of time, stand and walk, bend and stretch. Use of telephone and comput e r is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds. May requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to encompass essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person. Other functions may be assigned and leadership retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.