Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Welcome to the future of property maintenance. Property Meld’s vision is to radically improve how the property management industry handles property maintenance. If you’ve ever had a maintenance issue at your housing rental, you know how much of a pain it can be to get it fixed quickly and reliably. Join Property Meld and help solve the headache that is rental maintenance! We’re a small, profitable company, who have been working remotely since long before it became trendy. Recognized as one of the fastest-growing startups in property management, we are looking for a motivated senior software engineer who wants to have an immediate impact.
As a senior engineer, You will tackle tough engineering problems while developing and shipping new features for our product, making sure they are performant, scalable, and well-engineered. As part of our remote-first engineering team, you will build on the foundation of a modern web application used by hundreds of thousands of people. You’ll help scale Property Meld’s web application by developing new features, improving our CI/CD processes, profiling and fixing performance issues, and solving technical challenges alongside the rest of the team. We’re looking for someone who:
- Can ship software with exceptional quality in a high-velocity team
- Can solve problems without adding accidental complexity
- Can take ownership of projects and architect them from the ground up to be scalable, maintainable, and elegant in design
- Is an expert in at least one area of building web applications and proficient in other areas
- Has a bias for action
- Has 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Has experience in some or all of the following: Python, Typescript, Django, React, and various data stores (relational databases, NoSQL databases)
We recognize that good engineers can learn any technology so don’t hesitate to apply if your background is in other technologies. Our focus is on delivering an amazing product at an impressive rate to our customers.What you’ll get
- A remote work environment and a work laptop of your choice.
- Great work-life balance
- The chance to build and scale out an ambitious project
- A team environment with a culture of execution
- Involvement in the decision-making process
- Great teammates that care about your success
- A chance to help solve the headache that is maintenance for millions of people
About Our Pay and Benefits
The salary range for this position is
$110,000 - $175,000
*Candidates MUST be eligible for full-time employment in the United States.
The product team at Property Meld is a remote-work organization. We require 4 hours of overlap time, daily, with the Mountain Time Zone. The position is 99% remote, with the following non-pandemic exceptions: Once a year, the total company gets together for a week of getting to know each other and to better understand the big picture of the company and how we work in each department and role. Two times per year the product team gets together in the same physical location to get to know each other better and work through interesting challenges together. In addition, once a quarter, on your schedule, you are expected to visit with a customer and shadow them to learn how they are using and not using our product.
We value diverse points of view and know that our differences make us stronger. We believe in fostering a place to work that is open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who are under-represented in the tech industry, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender, sexual identity, or any other basis.
Our benefits package is designed to be a part of our employees’ story of living well. We believe in our culture of trust and respect, where we have reasonable working hours, vacation time used for rejuvenation, employee wellness & health, and employee development,
- Healthcare through Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental through Beam
- Vision through Beam
- 401K through Guideline
- $25,000.00 Life Insurance Policy sponsored by Property Meld
- Four Weeks PTO annually, and allotted upon hire
- Employee Equity Options Program
- Personalized Remote Work Equipment. You select what equipment will work best for you.
- Travel Opportunities
- Meetups with the company 1-3 times a year
*Candidates must be eligible for full-time employment in the United States.