Executive Assistant To The Chief Executive Officer
The Synergos Institute – Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
In-person in New York City or ongoing remote location possible
Synergos is a global non-profit organization solving deeply entrenched societal problems of poverty, social injustice, and climate change around the world. We seek a sharp, detail-oriented, proactive Executive Assistant to support our CEO and serve as the primary point of contact for all
matters pertaining to the CEO and Executive Office including board relations. You will also support the Chair in a minor capacity. You will perform a wide range of diverse, executive level administrative tasks including but not limited to meeting and agenda preparation, calendar and email management, initiatives coordination, expense reports, travel coordination, and special strategic and operational projects. Also, you will ensure follow-up actions take place at all key strategic, board, board committee and management meetings and serve as a trusted partner and liaison to the Board of Directors and senior leadership.
This is an opportunity to bring your skills to a sophisticated, international non-profit offering future growth opportunity. You’ll work with diverse, dedicated, compassionate staff and innovative
networks of trust-builders and game-changers. For more information on Synergos please visit www.synergos.org
• Manage the day-to-day operations and activities of the Executive Office and board relations such as calendar management, budgeting, expense reporting, meeting logistics, travel and more
• Lead project management for the CEO and Chair, fielding internal and external requests, and providing recommendations that reflect business priorities
• Prepare and draft professional and confidential correspondence, communications and presentations
• Organize and manage agendas, compile meeting background materials and track and follow-up pending tasks, take minutes and maintain records for Management team meetings
• Handle CRM database for CEO and Chair and archive relevant materials for meetings and key network relationship meetings including donors and funders as needed
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role providing support to - executive management, working with boards/committees on board governance operations in a non-profit setting highly preferred
• Strong business acumen and attention to detail with an understanding of board relation matters and management
• Strong communication skills, including both oral and written communication with ability to analyze and synthesize important and sensitive materials and record information accurately and appropriately.
• Excellent computer skills and comfort working with key technologies, such as Adobe, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, DocuSign, MS Dynamics, Zoom, and search engines
• Be comfortable with technology and able to coordinate independently with IT as appropriate to ensure seamless execution of meetings with participants in multiple locations
• A team player with an "event planning" mindset to planning for and executing Board and other off-site meetings
• Ability to establish and maintain strong liaison-level relationships with senior leaders and board members
• Skill in organizing and coordinating schedules to ensure efficient and effective use of time
• Outstanding time management with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines while considering different time zones
• Maintain the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, and ethical judgment
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
TRAVEL: Occasional domestic and international travel possible but not guaranteed.
COMPENSATION: $65K-$75K plus benefits depending on experience and geographic location.
Synergos offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, community service day
and much more.
Synergos is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex (including gender identity, nonconformity, presentation or expression), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Synergos is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
We’re driven by purpose.
We’re a values-driven organization focused on improving lives around
the world. Join us!
CONTACT: Please email cover letter and resume or
nominations in confidence to: