JOB TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
CLASSIFICATION: Half-time, exempt
ABOUT FOX FAMILIES CARE
Fox Families Care is a women-founded, all-volunteer effort launched in 2019 with a mission to bridge the gaps between the needs and resources of children and families in the Fox Chapel Area School District. Serving one of the most socio-economically diverse districts in the state, Fox Families Care connects youth and families to vital resources to regain stability in the face of hardship.
Fox Families Care is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to serve as the organization’s Executive Director and first paid staff member, leading the organization in its next phase of growth and professionalization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will provide strategic leadership, vision, and direction to advance Fox Families Care’s mission and impact in the Fox Chapel area. In alignment with the organization’s mission and goals, the Executive Director is responsible for representing the organization to the public, leading organizational development and strategic planning, optimizing financial performance, overseeing high-quality program delivery, managing volunteers, and building donor, funder, school district, and other stakeholder relationships. The ideal candidate will have a passion for social impact, exceptional leadership skills, and a strong commitment to supporting youth and families in need.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Inspiring communicator
- Visionary: Ability to lead with strategy, creativity, charisma, and agility
- Operator: Ability to meet deadlines, juggle competing priorities, and delegate for productivity
- Ability to build positive relationships inside and outside the organization
- Financial Leadership: Guiding the organization to sustainability
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Organization Mission & Operations
- Annual strategic planning to ensure that Fox Families Care can successfully fulfill its mission into the future
- Implementing effective, quality programs and services, with utmost care for client confidentiality and compliance with relevant regulations
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders inside and outside the school district
- Being an active, visible advocate for local families in need, and identifying opportunities for growth, innovation, and improvement to expand the impact of Fox Families Care for those families
- Ensuring Fox Families Care can effectively monitor, evaluate, and communicate impact, and can use the data it collects to improve program delivery and be more effective in its mission
- Actively engaging and energizing Fox Families Care’s volunteers, board members, clients, and partners
- Hiring, leading, coaching, developing, and retaining competent, qualified, passionate staff as the organization grows
Financial Performance & Viability
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintaining the organization’s positive financial position
- Designing and executing a comprehensive development strategy to support Fox Families Care’s mission and long-term sustainability, including strategies for foundation, corporate, government, civic, board, events, and individual sources
- Implementing sound financial practices and ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Fox Families Care, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Monitoring and analyzing financial reports, making informed decisions to optimize resource allocation
- Overseeing the execution of Fox Families Care’s communications vision and strategy in order to increase visibility and inspire audiences to take action in support of Fox Families Care
- Serving as Fox Families Care’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public
- Reporting to and working closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising, and increasing the overall visibility of the organization
- Communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Passion for social impact and commitment to the mission of Fox Families Care
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated experience or equivalent in a related field, preferably in nonprofit management
- Strong understanding of issues and challenges faced by under-resourced youth and families
- Demonstrated leadership skills, and the ability to develop and implement strategic plans and drive organizational growth
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate Fox Families Care’s mission and strategic future to engage and inspire diverse audiences. Experience with Canva, Mailchimp, and Wix is preferred but not required
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills; Experience with Quickbooks preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Residence in the Fox Chapel Area School District preferred but not required
- Active fundraising experience, knowledge of the Pittsburgh funding community, experience generating new revenue streams, experience grant writing, and demonstrated financial results preferred
- All candidates must obtain clearances before commencing employment. All costs associated with clearance applications (approx. $25) are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Valid Driver’s License; candidates must have their vehicle or reliable transportation
Fox Families Care’s leadership team is 100% remote. However, the Executive Director must be located in Pittsburgh in order to build and maintain relationships with the Board of Directors, volunteers, donors, funders, partners, and other stakeholders in the local community.
- Salary commensurate with experience based on 0.5 full-time equivalent (FTE)
- Flexible work schedule, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), and paid parental leave
- No health or medical benefits are available through Fox Families Care
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to HR@foxfamiliescare.org. Please include "Executive Director Application - Fox Families Care" in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Fox Families Care is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Fox Families Care team!