Deputy Campaign Director
The American Business Immigration Coalition (ABIC) is active in key states and communities across the country, engaging activists, advocates, business leaders, and elected officials on the urgency of passing immigration reform that boosts our economy, creates jobs, eases the labor shortage, and supports families. The goal of our bipartisan coalition of over 1200+ diverse businesses and business associations is to provide a strong and effective voice seeking sensible immigration reforms to grow our economy and strengthen our families.
ABIC members include CEOs, retired CEOs, business associations, small business owners as well as hospitals and universities. ABIC works in partnership with diverse immigrant advocates to support pro-immigrant legislation at the state and federal levels. Currently, ABIC is active in 17 states including Illinois, Florida, Texas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, South Carolina, North Carolina, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Arizona, Idaho, Utah, and Nevada.
For more information, visit
ABIC is looking for a seasoned, politically astute, and deeply passionate individual to serve as our Deputy Campaign Director to partner on ABIC’s state issue campaigns in 2022 and beyond. This individual will directly supervise state team members and report progress to the Campaign Director. The position includes helping state team members galvanize the resources to effectively implement our field, communications, and political programs.
Management & Internal Organizing
- Working in partnership with the other Deputy Campaign Director, manage, support, and develop the ABIC state team members
- Educate and keep staff informed of developments and strategy to advance our issues campaigns and program
- Communicate and collaborate with teams within the organization to ensure efficient and effective program execution
- Lead subsections of our organizational planning processes, including pieces of our overall program’s strategic plans and state team’s campaign and work plans
- Strategize and oversee multiple state campaigns and budgets for the organization
- Support the development, growth, and morale of state team members
Political Strategy & Campaigning
- Track landscape and developments in all federal and key local races in assigned states, identifying potential opportunities for ABIC to impact issue campaigns and applying strategic judgment to inform ABIC interactions with elected officials and coalition members
- Provide insight to Campaign Director on campaign and fundraising strategy
- Build and maintain strong relationships with organizational allies around campaign and political strategy
- Regularly communicate and identify when and how we can best partner and drive the organization toward effective partnerships
- Represent ABIC in external meetings, conferences, discussions, etc.,
- Proven commitment to and a substantial understanding of immigration, high and low skilled workforce, economic development, justice, and equity
- Strong understanding of national and state political and electoral landscape and how best to make strategic impact at scale
- Significant issue, political or electoral campaigning experience with a minimum of 6 years experience in a senior management role and/or at minimum two election cycles in a senior management role in either a candidate campaign(s), an advocacy organization, issue campaign, or a PAC, preferably managing large-scale or statewide issue or political campaigns
- Experience with, and proven ability in managing teams, supporting strong morale, and developing staff
- An independent and strong leader who is able to drive projects and programs to completion in a fast-paced environment, including a proven ability for and the understanding of the importance of coalition building to advance victories
- Strong strategic and campaign planning skills and commitment to ongoing processes that ensure transparency and communication in carrying out the work
- Has developed, written, and executed successful campaign plans that demonstrate strategic focus and creativity
- Proficient with data, polling, latest technologies, and best practices in the field and the ability to learn various systems for data tracking, email, mobile, volunteer recruitment, and fundraising
- Ability to train and promote the development of other staff on campaign plans, data, email, mobile, volunteer recruitment and fundraising
Reports to: ABIC’s Campaign Director
ABIC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for employees. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, or other legally protected characteristics.
Location: ABIC is a national organization. The Deputy Campaign Director can live anywhere in the United States but will be assigned states to work with and must be willing to travel domestically for 25-40% of their time.