About Power to Decide
Power to Decide is a national nonprofit, nonpartisan organization. At Power to Decide, we envision a world where everyone—no matter who they are or where they live—has control over their bodies and can decide if, when, and under what circumstances to get pregnant and have a child. Our mission is to advance sexual and reproductive well-being for all. We accomplish this by providing trusted information, expanding access to quality services, and catalyzing culture change.
The Research Manager is responsible for coordinating multiple aspects of Power to Decide’s scientific portfolio, including design and implementation of research studies and engagement with external researchers. This position will conduct both quantitative and qualitative research as well as environmental scans and literature reviews. The Research Manager will be expected to contribute to proposals, protocols and data collection instruments, analyses, and dissemination. This position will collaborate across all departments at Power to Decide.
The Research Manager will report to the Senior Director, Research and Evaluation and be a member of the Programs Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Power to Decide’s overall research strategy Support the development of concept papers for new research initiatives
- Develop research protocols and data collection instruments and manage IRB submissions and other administrative aspects of study planning and implementation (e.g., coordinating distribution of incentives)
- Conduct environmental scans, literature reviews, and primary data collection activities
- Contribute to qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Contribute to white papers, peer-reviewed manuscripts, and conference abstracts and presentations to disseminate research findings
- Manage reporting processes for funders, including developing required grant reports
- Respond to research-related requests from policy and communications colleagues
- Develop research translation products (e.g., blog posts, infographics) that synthesize quantitative and qualitative data
- Coordinate Power to Decide’s Research Advisory Group with external experts and participate in select internal and external workgroups
- Manage requests from external researchers for Power to Decide data using established processes
- Perform other duties as required
We are looking for someone who will think big, embrace innovation, and seek new ways of addressing issues. The successful candidate will be responsible, conscientious, adaptive, and resourceful. They will value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives; be collaborative and proactive; and work effectively as part of an integrated cross-functional team. They will be able to comfortably embrace a non-ideological “big tent” approach to sexual health and unplanned pregnancy prevention, and be passionate about health equity and creating a culture in which all young people can thrive.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A bachelor’s degree in public health or related field required, master’s degree preferred.
- At least 4 – 5 years of professional experience with a bachelor’s degree or 2 – 3 years of professional experience with a master’s degree required.
- Experience contributing to quantitative and/or qualitative research studies.
- Experience searching the peer-reviewed literature and synthesizing qualitative/quantitative findings.
- Proficiency in data cleaning, descriptive statistical analysis, and data interpretation.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and follow-through and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working collaboratively and cross departmentally to complete assignments and deliver results.
- Prior sexual and reproductive health-related experience strongly preferred.