Location: Fully remote, with some required travel to Austin, TX.
Time period for position: Mid-September 2023 - March 1st, 2024
Compensation: $40 per hour
Estimated time commitment: 10-20 hours per week, with increased time commitment and in person availability needed in late February
Welcoming Neighbors Network (WNN) is seeking an energetic, proactive, well-organized, and collaborative Events Coordinator to provide logistical coordination for upcoming gatherings of pro-housing organizers and advocates.
In partnership with the rest of the Welcoming Neighbors Network coordinating team, the Events Coordinator will manage the necessary logistics to enable strong participation of WNN member-leaders in the YIMBYtown pro-housing conference in February 2024, as well as a WNN member gathering scheduled the day before the conference.
Through coalition-building, community organizing, policy development, and grassroots lobbying, Welcoming Neighbors Network member organizations advocate to legalize abundant housing options, lower the cost of housing, reduce the displacement of marginalized communities, and ensure all Americans can find safe, stable housing that fits their needs and budgets. As a national network, WNN members come together to hone strategies, support one another, share lessons, replicate successes, avoid mistakes, and tackle challenges creatively.
Coordinate logistics for the WNN pre-YIMBYtown gathering
- Identify, secure, and coordinate with event venues (as needed)
- Manage logistical needs for the gathering (A/V, room set-up, etc.)
- Coordinate logistics for meals during the gathering (as needed)
- Develop and share a basic registration form
- Communicate logistical information about the gathering to WNN member-leaders
Manage attendance and travel logistics for the YIMBYtown conference and the WNN pre-conference gathering
- Help turn out member-leaders to both gatherings and maintain an up-to-date attendee list
- Develop a process for WNN member-leaders to apply for and access scholarships to offset travel and accommodations costs
- Communicate to WNN member-leaders about available scholarship opportunities and how to apply
- Manage scholarship applications and process accompanying paperwork
- As needed, provide logistical support to WNN member organizations as they coordinate their teams’ travel
- Respond to member-leaders’ questions about the gatherings and related logistics
- Process travel reimbursement requests and expense reports
Other related deliverables as needed