Senior Development Manager
Senior Development Manager Job Description (Remote) - August 2023
Founded in 2012 by Seth Rogen and Lauren Miller Rogen, HFC is a nationally recognized organization that is changing the trajectory of Alzheimer’s disease through broad-scale awareness, brain health education, and tangible support for families impacted by the disease. HFC’s mission is to care for families impacted by this disease, activate the next generation of Alzheimer’s advocates, and be a leader in brain health research and education.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Development (SDD), HFC is seeking a Senior Development Manager (SDM) to drive growth across revenue verticals including individual, corporate, and institutional giving. The role involves support of large-scale fundraising initiatives, and events, forging creative partnerships with diverse constituents, including traditional philanthropic foundations, multinational corporations, and individual donors. The SDM will have the opportunity to help grow the development department and in turn scale HFC’s fundraising efforts.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with the SDD to execute the annual development plan that includes individual donor, corporate sponsorship, fundraising events, and grant fundraising strategies
- Help identify, develop, and cultivate donors – individual, corporate, government, and foundation
- Partner with the Program and Communications managers to help implement comprehensive fundraising campaigns
- Regularly reflect on progress through data tracking and analysis, and create visual reports
- Manage HFC’s Salesforce database – including gift entry, reports, record updating, reconciling gifts with the finance office, pulling mailing lists, and working to improve the system continually
- Track identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activity in Salesforce
- Grant writing - Prepare LOIs, written proposals, and other materials to secure grant awards
- Grant management - Ensure timely submission of proposals and reports using project management and CRM software
- Support the execution of all fundraising events (ranging from boutique events to the annual signature event)
- Provide fundraising administrative support to the Executive Director and SDD including scheduling donor meetings
- Advisory Board administration - board meeting logistics (including coordinating, preparing meeting materials, and drafting board minutes) and providing administrative support to board members
- Young Professionals Board (known as the Associates) engagement and administration - oversee and provide staff support to board leadership, provide organizational updates to board members, act as the liaison between the board and HFC leadership
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (minimum 5 years)
- 3+ years of professional experience working in development with a proven track record of successfully managing a portfolio of mid-level donors ($1,000 - $5,000 annually)
- Impeccable writing skills - experience writing grant proposals preferred
- Strong attention to detail– visual and written accuracy and precision required
- Excellent tech skills: substantial experience with Salesforce or a similar donor database, experience with project management software (Asana or similar) and G-suite preferred
HFC seeks candidates who:
- Have a proven track record of fundraising success, including individual and institutional giving, and events
- Are relationship builders and have a passion for donor cultivation and stewardship
- Possess a keen understanding of moves management strategy
- Think creatively and strategically and use diplomacy and innovative approaches to problem-solving
- Thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial nonprofit environment
- Are self-starters: manage deadlines; work effectively within a collaborative environment
- Embrace collaboration and have the ability to work well with others remotely
- Demonstrate integrity, strive for excellence in their work
- Are passionate about HFC’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of HFC to key stakeholders. Experience in the Alzheimer's or health-related space is a plus.
- Are effective collaborators and have strong relationship-building skills
- Have experience with or ability to work responsibly with high-net-worth donors and celebrities
- Employ a sense of humor
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Compensation & Benefits Salary range: $70,000 - $80,000. HFC values our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance and paid time off.
How to Apply Because of the emphasis on writing in this position, we require a cover letter to assess writing proficiency. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email, with your name and “Senior Development Manager Position” in the subject line.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don’t let imposter syndrome hold you back. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add value to our team. Our supporters come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
DEI Statement We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the organization. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At HFC, we take DEI seriously, but we also know that laughing together is a great way to build understanding and create a more inclusive environment. We're like a diverse group of superheroes, with unique powers and perspectives, coming together to make the world a better place.
We are committed to creating a workplace culture that celebrates our differences and embraces everyone's quirks. We believe that diversity is not just about race, gender, or ethnicity, but also about the many different ways that people express themselves and experience the world around them.
Our DEI efforts are not just lip service - we're taking action to ensure that everyone feels welcome and valued. From our hiring practices to our program development, we're constantly asking ourselves: "How can we make this more inclusive?"
We know that humor can be a powerful tool for breaking down barriers and bringing people together. So, we invite you to bring your sense of humor to work, and help us create a workplace where everyone feels free to be their authentic selves.