Social Media Engagement Specialist - Part Time, Remote 🔥
Opportunity: Social Media Engagement Specialist (Freelance) - Part Time, Remote
Organization: Accelerate Change
Reports to: Maria Olivera, Director of Content Experimentation and Micah Evangelista, Content Experimentation Associate
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: This is a remote freelance opportunity for an individual based anywhere in the US
About Accelerate Change
Founded in 2012, Accelerate Change is a nonprofit (c3/c4) digital media lab. We work to increase civic engagement with BIPOC and low-income communities through digital media. Our programs include:
- Scaling emerging cultural media properties
- Investing in established cultural media properties
- Building influencer networks
- Leading a digital media lab
- Driving civic engagement campaigns
Learn more about our theory of change, approach, and impact at
Our team is made up of digital media innovators and operators who bring a mix of tech, business, civic engagement, and media backgrounds. Meet our team and learn more about our culture at
About the Position
Accelerate Change is seeking an experienced social media specialist with a history of community engagement and community building. The social media specialist will be responsible for engaging with communities on social media on a daily basis, fostering connection, community, back and forth communication leading to follower growth.
Here’s what you could expect to do as a Social Media Specialist:
- Community Engagement: Engage with multiple accounts on a daily basis on Instagram and Tiktok utilizing your expertise to foster meaningful back-and-forth communication and cultivate a strong sense of community within our online platforms.
- Instagram Stories: Be active on a daily basis via Instagram stories on all Instagram accounts assigned.
- Data Analysis: Provide weekly data reports on community engagement metrics, helping us understand the impact of our efforts and identifying opportunities for improvement.
What We're Looking For
- Commitment to social justice. Accelerate Change is a mission-driven organization focused on progressive social change and social justice, with a focus on communities of color. You have a demonstrated commitment to this work and you’d like to be part of a team of people who do, too.
- Experience: You should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Social Media Community Management, with a strong focus on Instagram. Demonstrated success in community building and engagement is essential.
- Passion for Community Building: We seek someone who is passionate about community building and understands the importance of fostering genuine connections online.
- Strategic Thinker: A strategic mindset is crucial in analyzing data, identifying trends, and continuously improving our community engagement strategies.
- Excellent Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to effectively engage with our audience and represent our brand's values.
- Proven Track Record: We value candidates who can provide concrete evidence of their ability to grow social media accounts. We would like you to provide examples, stats, and skills that demonstrate your capacity to develop and expand online communities.
- Self-Motivated: As a contract social media coordinator, you should be self-driven and able to manage your time effectively to meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
This is a 3-month, part-time freelance opportunity with the potential to extend. The compensation range is $22 - $25 per hour, depending on experience. The number of hours per week will vary, but we estimate roughly 5-10 hours per week.
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience on the application on our website.
Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.