Senior Product Operations Manager 🔥
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. The GitHub Product Operations team serves each product development team at GitHub by helping them to meet customer needs while operating at scale. We build tools, run projects, and foster partnerships with customer-facing teams around the world that help our teams deliver value faster and more consistently to millions of developers.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Operations Manager who will extend the effectiveness of Product Managers as an embedded member of our product teams, by building solutions that will reduce their friction throughout all parts of the product development lifecycle (PDLC). You will work with the Product, Engineering and Design teams, plus customer-facing teams in Sales, Services, and Support, to operate key routines and meaningfully improve how we serve our customers. Your job will be to build tight feedback and communication loops with our partner teams as you deliver routine processes, understand how they could improve, and then to help us prioritize and execute on that plan.
As a Senior Product Operations Manager you will be focused on driving efficiency and bringing operational rigor to your product team. You will manage the product lifecycle process for the team, including advising product managers on how to navigate the process steps effectively.
- Collect and quantify product-related challenges based on product feedback and customer research input, to be considered by product and engineering in future development. Uplevel the understanding of how the product is being used in the real world.
- Facilitate product roadmap and planning updates in alignment with greater planning rhythms.
- Contribute to product release and launch readiness, including betas and progressive global rollouts, to ensure that customer/user-facing teams are ready with the information and processes required to support new products.
- Develop expertise within your area on how GitHub builds products and how our customers experience those products from various developer and development-adjacent roles. You will also understand the domain, trends, prior art, and the history behind areas of product operations.
- Serve as an agent and scout for the greater Product Operations team by advocating adoption of shared processes and tools, plus advising thought leadership on how they should improve.
- Identify and actively build connections with relevant subject matter experts across the company to surface insights, to get them excited about what your team is building, and to pave the way for smoother future rollouts.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub. You will play a critical role creating alignment between Product teams, partners like Technical Program Management, Go-To-Market, Product Marketing, as well as working with the wider GitHub organization.
- Measure success. Influence the measures used to define success for the products within your area. You’ll make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses for future iterations.
- 8+ years of experience in engineering, design, product management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to define and deliver products
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to bridge the gap between business problems and technical solutions
- Experience developing scalable data curation, organization, and modeling that enable insights and analysis into GitHub’s product areas
- Experience working in a modern Product Development Lifecycle or Software Development Lifecycle
- Previous experience working in an embedded Product Operations environment, especially in building strong Product domain partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects
- Experience bringing clarity to situations with a high level of ambiguity
- Experience in initiating, scoping and executing projects at a large scale
Minimum salary of $104,400 to maximum $276,900
In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
These pay ranges are intended to cover roles based across the United States. An individual’s base pay depends on various factors including geographical location and review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant. At GitHub certain roles are eligible for benefits and additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.