Patient Scheduler Ii
Location: Louisville/NOT A REMOTE POSITION
Employment Type: Full-time
The Patient Scheduler II at Gastroenterology of the Rockies is responsible for efficiently coordinating and scheduling patient appointments for our busy private GI clinics. This is a remote position that requires a minimum of 1 year of experience as a patient scheduler and TWO years of experience as a medical assistant or in a clinical environment. Prior GI experience is a plus.
The Patient Scheduler II will review clinical notes, make outbound referral calls, schedule procedures and office visits, and utilize their strong organizational and communication skills to ensure smooth patient flow and provide exceptional service. They must have the ability to work independently and remotely, with a high degree of productivity and accountability, and minimal errors.
- Coordinate and schedule patient appointments for GI department using scheduling software and other relevant tools.
- Review and interpret clinical notes and other medical documentation to determine appropriate scheduling and coordination of patient care.
- Make outbound calls to patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers to schedule appointments, provide information, and address inquiries or concerns.
- Obtain necessary authorizations and verify patient coverage for procedures and office visits by collaborating with the clinical team, billing and insurance departments, and other stakeholders.
- Utilize Phreesia or other relevant tools to collect and input patient information, insurance details, and other necessary data.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records, including scheduling information, medical history, and other relevant data.
- Monitor appointment schedules and resources to ensure maximum utilization and adherence to departmental protocols and guidelines.
- Provide exceptional customer service to patients, physicians, and other stakeholders, resolving scheduling-related issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Follow established protocols and compliance standards to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives to optimize scheduling efficiency, patient satisfaction, and departmental performance.
- Participate in training and development opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills related to patient scheduling, GI procedures, and other relevant areas.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a patient scheduler and 2 years of experience as a medical assistant or in a clinical environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, and other stakeholders.
- Experience using scheduling software and other relevant tools.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, with a high degree of productivity and accountability.
- Knowledge of GI procedures, medical terminology, and scheduling best practices.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and compliance standards related to patient scheduling and healthcare operations.
- Ability to review and interpret clinical notes and other medical documentation.
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules, priorities, and workflows.
- High level of professionalism and customer service orientation.
- Flexibility to work full-time or part-time hours, as needed.