Deputy Editor, Home 🔥
At Marketplace, our mission is to help readers turn their aspirations into reality. We arm people with trusted advice and guidance, so they can make informed decisions they feel confident in and get back to doing the things they care about most.We are an experienced team of industry experts dedicated to helping readers make smart decisions and choose the right products with ease.
Marketplace boasts decades of experience across dozens of geographies and teams, including Content, SEO, Business Intelligence, Finance, HR, Marketing, Production, Technology and Sales. The team brings rich industry knowledge to Marketplace’s global coverage of consumer credit, debt, health, home improvement, banking, investing, credit cards, small business, education, insurance, loans, real estate and travel.
Forbes Home is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable editor to join the Forbes Home team as a Deputy Editor.
Forbes Home helps homeowners and DIYers learn how to successfully complete home projects and find the right service professionals for their needs. We help guide our readers to make the best choices for their homes through best-ofs, product reviews, engaging content and data- and SEO-driven journalism.
- Build and scale home improvement content efforts with the editorial team
- Find, recruit and set up new freelancers as needed. Train and support freelancers on how to use Forbes Home tools and style guides
- Work with the Home editorial team to scale best practices for content, templates, imagery and social media standards
- Demonstrate home improvement expertise across editorial processes
- Leverage data and SEO best practices to create content topics for freelancers, including explanatory content, how-tos, roundups, best-ofs, product reviews and more
- Work collaboratively with the global editorial team
- Edit and produce high-quality, error-free editorial content at scale
- Dive deep into home improvement topics to ensure our content is the most comprehensive and helpful piece available on the subject
- Ensure all information is appropriately fact-checked and sourced
- Build methodologies to rate and rank related products and services for best-ofs (example: Best Moving Companies)
- Brainstorm and contribute to social and newsletter content, including video series, features and original photography efforts
- Previous experience in home improvement or home-focused journalism
- Strong understanding of the ins and outs of home improvement, including basic construction and DIY knowledge
- 3+ years of experience in online journalism and editing-focused roles
- 3+ years experience with SEO best practices
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to meet content production goals without sacrificing quality
- Nimble and open to quick changes in strategy
- Ability to work effectively in a remote, startup-style environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Ability to work remotely
- Unlimited PTO
- Every third Friday of the month off
- Winter break closure; the week between Christmas and New Years
- Home office setup
- Wellness Reimbursement
Forbes Marketplace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.