Sr. Digital Content Copywriter & Editor – Freelancer or Contractor 🔥
People are the heart of our company, and our doors are open to everyone. As a customer, as an employee – we are committed to creating an inspiring culture that is welcoming, safe and inclusive for all. Our strength in work and life comes from the combination of our experiences, backgrounds and talents. It’s what we do as people that makes Lands’ End a great place to shop and a great place to work.
Are you a quick study of brand voice? Do you understand the subtle nuances of language that distinguish one brand from another? Do you have a love for storytelling? A passion for women’s classic American style fashion? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, we’d love to hear from you.
The Sr. Digital Content Copywriter will support the Lands' End site content curation and copywriting and reports directly to the Sr. Digital Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled at curating content based on multiple inputs with an eagle-eye for details and a proven ability to maintain brand voice throughout all site content. This new role will be instrumental in upholding established brand and quality standards for content that reaches U.S. women's apparel consumers.
- Review content to ensure it aligns with brand guidelines, style guides and best practices for grammar, spelling and formatting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary to collaborate with diverse teams, stakeholders and content creators.
- Collaborate with copywriting services, creative directors, SEO specialists, marketing managers and other team members to develop innovative and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Edit and proofread copy to ensure accuracy, clarity and grammatical correctness.
- Curate and draft content to support inbound content marketing, owned media marketing, blog strategy and brand stories.
- Maintain strict adherence to established formatting standards, brand tone and voice, corporate guidelines and Associated Press Style.
- Edit internally and externally produced content in line with AP style, brand voice and tone.
- Review and edit articles to ensure accuracy, clarity, grammar and a tone that reflects Lands' End's expertise and authority in the field.
- Demonstrate an elevated level of attention to detail, ensuring grammatical and factual accuracy, as well as compliance with business rules and norms.
- Approach complex challenges by distilling content into clear, concise and cohesive messaging by way of creative copy solutioning.
- Incorporate SEO keyword research to optimize site content while balancing with tone and voice.
- Positively engage and build relationships with internal and external cross-functional stakeholders.
- Adapt to a fast-paced environment where evolving business needs may shift priorities and project deadlines.
- Proactively communicate with manager and team members to meet deadlines and respond to stakeholder requirements.
- Capture the brand voice to craft compelling, pitch-perfect marketing copy for first- and third-party digital properties, including our direct-to-consumer website, third-party marketplaces and partner sites as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or related field.
- 7-10 years of copywriting experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably within the areas of marketing, social media, eCommerce or journalism.
- High level of attention to the smallest of details.
- Ability to quickly synthesize multiple inputs and tell a cohesive story.
- Ability to perform research, fact-check and leverage collaborative insights to adapt copywriting to evolving business needs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Ability to tap into the mind of the customer and understand their journey with the brand.
- Able to strategize and articulate brand value proposition to consumers.
- Creative or Ad Agency experience.
How To Apply
- Your resume, including relevant education and work experience.
- A brief written introduction explaining why you are interested in the position.
- Write a one-to-two-page brand voice guide based on the content on www.landsend.com.
- Portfolio with recent examples long form content.