Staff Accountant 🔥
Mennonite Mission Network is a small nonprofit enterprise commissioned by Mennonite Church USA to lead, mobilize, and equip communities of faith to carry out their calling. Through service opportunities, learning resources and long-term relationships with partners across the world, we help connect people and communities of faith.
We are currently looking for Full Time Staff Accountant to add to our team. At Mennonite Mission Network, we operate in a collaborative working environment that values its employees. We offer competitive benefits, including standard insurance options available day one, paid sick time, vacation time available immediately, significant employer contributions to retirement funds, flexible work arrangements when needed, robust employee assistance program, and more.
The Staff Accountant will oversee budget development and monitor budget performance. This position will also be the liaison between finance and other departments and work teams and cross-train to cover other finance functions as necessary.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and budgeting, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and balance multiple initiatives and/or responsibilities.
- Proven ability to work as a constructive member of multiple teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting
- Experience in a non-profit setting
- Ability to travel as required less than 25%
- Passion for and about God’s reconciling mission to the world.
- Committed to Jesus Christ.
- Embraces and lives the mission, vision and values of Mennonite Mission Network and helps to create an environment in which they flourish.
- Willing to contribute to the strategic direction of Mennonite Mission Network as an organization in innovative, positive, and collaborative ways.
- Committed to denominational and agency goals of anti-racist action. Has received anti-racism training within the past three years or is willing to participate in that training within one year of employment.