[hiring] Network Data Analyst @ookla
May 26, 2023 - Ookla is hiring a remote Network Data Analyst. 📍Location: United Arab Emirates.
We’re Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, Downdetector, and an ever-expanding suite of enterprise connectivity solutions. Our team is a group of people brought together through passion and inspired by possibility. We are looking for team members who enjoy solving complex problems, are motivated to challenge themselves, and are delighted with turning clever ideas into unique products.
Millions of consumer-initiated tests are performed through our products and billions of data points are collected globally every day. With all this measurement comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our broader strategy. When you work for us, you are using Ookla data and insights to further our mission to improve connectivity for all.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Sales and Account Management team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to dig into the tens of millions Speedtest-related results that are collected every day to develop new and interesting data stories that will be shared internally and with clients. You will work with Sales Directors and Technical Account Managers to find creative ways to show how Ookla data can be leveraged by clients to solve real-world problems. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of organizing, compiling, and analyzing data, to tell stories both internally and externally. They will be able to work in an extremely fast paced, highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
We are committed to providing you a flexible work environment where individuality, fun, and talent are all valued equally. If you consider yourself innovative, adept at collaboration, and you care deeply about the work you do, we want to talk!
Expectations for Success
- Partner with the sales team using customer centric data analysis, data visualization, segmentation and predictive modeling methods
- Research and build reporting and empowerment tools that tell a story to maximize business opportunities with potential and existing customers
- Support day-to-day ad-hoc analysis from the Sales and Account Management team, providing prompt and efficient resolution to a wide range of business questions
- Help define and implement a suite of common reports and data views that answer frequent client requests
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering team to improve and define processes that promote data integrity and reporting functionality
We are looking for the right person, not the exact list of requirements. If you believe your life experience has prepared you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- 3-4 years experience as an analyst or BI professional
- Expertise in SQL (must be able to write your own queries)
- Expertise in R or Python
- Strong technical knowledge of mobile networks, how they work, and what the key considerations are in building, optimizing and testing them for mobile operators
- Experience working with client-facing teams a plus
- Ability to operate autonomously in an ambiguous environment
- Self-motivated with a track record of appropriate urgency and follow-through
We care deeply about each other and the work we do, and our perks are just one way we demonstrate this. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to):
- Generous allowances (tuition, medical, and housing)
- Wellness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
You will have the best hardware, software, and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. To promote your success and growth, we offer tuition reimbursement, educational opportunities, and anti-racism and LGBTQIA+ resource libraries. Visit our Built In Seattle page  for even more information on what it's like to work at Ookla.
If you’re passionate about joining the work we’re doing, we welcome your application and encourage applicants with both traditional and non-traditional experience that makes them an excellent candidate for the role. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report from our parent company here .]
We want to ensure candidates have everything they need throughout our application and hiring process. If you have any individual needs related to disability or accessibility, we encourage you to contact and let us know how we can best accommodate you.