Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Who we are:
The Council of State Governments Justice Center  is a national nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that combines the power of a membership association, representing state officials in all three branches of government, with policy and research expertise to develop strategies that increase public safety and strengthen communities. We help achieve those results by
- Bringing people together from both sides of the aisle to foster collaboration;
- Driving the criminal justice field forward with original research;
- Building momentum for policy change at the state and local levels; and
- Providing expert assistance to translate the latest research into policy and practice.
The CSG Justice Center is one of the most robust criminal justice organizations in the country, composed of approximately 120 employees  with decades of experience in law enforcement, community corrections, court administration, housing, mental health and addiction services, state prisons, local jails, juvenile justice, education, workforce development, and victim advocacy. Staff here have served governors, state legislators, and members of Congress on both sides of the political spectrum. What bonds us together is a shared commitment to our mission, to a common set of values, and to the national, bipartisan advisory board  that guides our work. Learn more about careers  at the CSG Justice Center.
How you'll fit in:
As a member of the Human Resources Team, the talent acquisition business partner will regularly collaborate with hiring managers to identify short- and long-term hiring needs, provide exceptional customer service to candidates and hiring teams throughout the recruitment process and help ensure new hires have a thorough, engaging, and positive onboarding experience. This position will help the CSG Justice Center grow our brand as a great place to work and will successfully promote our online presence. Driven by inclusive hiring techniques, the talent acquisition business partner will help lead talent-sourcing initiatives, build, and maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates, and, with research and innovation, attract the best talent to complement our work.
What you'll do:
Specific responsibilities of the Talent Acquisition Business Partner include the following:
- Conduct behavioral-based interviews following company methodologies ensuring minimum competency requirements are fulfilled by candidates to be evaluated by hiring managers.
- Assist in the development of applicant assessments.
- Guide new employees through CSG onboarding processes and collaborate with division representatives to schedule introductions.
- Develop and facilitate relevant trainings, including applicant screening, legal and compliant interview questions, behavioral-based interviewing, onboarding, and documentation.
- With the Human Resources Director and management teams, formulate and execute a focused talent acquisition operating plan in alignment with the business vision and strategic objectives.
- Regularly benchmark best practices internally and externally and make recommendations to leadership
What you'll bring:
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse people in different contexts and foster equity and inclusion through self-awareness, cultural sensitivity, and valuing others.
- Dedication to public service with an unfailing commitment to act with civility, be nonpartisan in performing CSG duties, and be a responsible steward of member and donor funds.
- A passion for centering diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in every layer of human resources work.
- Minimum six years of relevant experience with high-volume sourcing, recruiting, and talent acquisition and/or equivalent educational achievements.
- Experience utilizing various social channels for talent sourcing, such as LinkedIn Recruiter and Indeed.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Excellent, demonstrable organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- The highest degree of trustworthiness, reliability, integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy, and tact.
- Demonstrated understanding of sourcing and selection techniques in various markets.
- Current or prior experience with recruitment and hiring data analytics or reporting.
- Hands-on experience with HRIS and ATS systems, and strong computer skills including Microsoft Office 365
- Timely follow-through of key initiatives, time, and project management.
- Ability to think holistically about the employee experience.
How you apply:
If you're interested in helping us drive change across the country, you should upload the following elements with your application:
- Cover letter
- At least three professional references
We will consider all paid and unpaid experience relative to this position, including internships, fellowships, and volunteer activities.
CSG believes that pay equity and pay transparency advance workplace fairness. Compensation will be equitable and based on experience. The salary range for this position, based in New York City is $100,000 to $110,000 annually. This salary range is subject to change based on work location and market conditions.
Learn more about careers  at the CSG Justice Center.
We welcome and value diversity in our staff, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, educational attainment, disability, protected veteran status, and personal experience with the criminal justice system.
CSG is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. CSG participates in E-Verify.