💪🏽 What will you do?
We're a small but mighty team looking to build out the rest of our early team.
As our first Infrastructure Engineer, you'll help to improve and drive the direction of our engineering infrastructure and security. You'll help drive improvements in our AWS cloud stack, build and scale engineering systems and contribute to the overall engineering culture at Cocoon, help to deliver a strong security and integrity culture, help manage our third-party vendors and think about our overall IT ecosystem.
Most importantly, you'll be building this company with us. There's a lot to figure out. We want to work with folks who care deeply about the process of building the right company: from what operating values we should have, building out the rest of the team, decisions about how we should scale, and everything in between.
⚡️ You'd be a great fit if you…
- Previously worked in a fast-paced engineering environment. Ideally, you have 6+ years of experience working in an infrastructure or security engineering role.
- Can influence and work with leadership and engineering staff to help define standard processes, are autonomous and self-driving.
- Are able to code, build and scale engineering systems and contribute to the overall engineering culture at Cocoon
- Know when to “move fast and break things”, and when to slow down and think through all of the details to build something robust and scalable.
- Are intellectually curious and enjoy digging into the nuts and bolts of how things work.
- Debate without animosity or ego. We thrive on thinking from first principles, questioning assumptions, and always pushing to make things better.
- Care deeply not just about data, but about building the right product and company culture. As a founding team member, you’ll have a huge impact on the company’s story.
🎁 Some benefits you can expect as a part of the Cocoon team:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Professional development budget and commuter benefits
- Office setup and wellness stipends
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave
- 4 weeks of each paid medical and caregiver leave
- 4 weeks of flexible, paid compassionate leave 
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily in-office lunches