[hiring] Business Development Representative @routeware, Inc
May 23, 2023 - Routeware, Inc is hiring a remote Business Development Representative. 📍Location: USA.
Routeware is the industry leader in providing SAAS software solutions, integrated technologies including RFID, AI, video, hardware/software, and data analysis that enables public and private enterprises to improve the effectiveness of their waste and recycling programs. Our solutions help organizations achieve a digital transformation that saves time and money, increases efficiency, improves safety, and helps to make our world a greener place.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the company is PE-backed and employs a distributed team across North America and the UK. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one solution to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential and growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who want to positively impact the environment. Our work environment is collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun with a strong appreciation for innovation and initiative.
• Intellectual Curiosity - We nurture skills, knowledge, and creativity.
• Emotional Intelligence - We are personable, positive, and caring — and we don't take ourselves too seriously.
• Customer Focus - We advocate for our customers.
• Team Commitment - We take ownership, play well with others, and are reliable.
• Solution and Action Orientation - We approach solutions proactively, collaboratively, and thoroughly.
Business Development Representatives must think strategically, possess sales techniques, and utilize their interpersonal skills to the highest levels in order to achieve results. Sales efforts are accomplished by using phone and email. This is a true hunter role and is expected to increase the adoption of our software by cultivating new clients and expanding our footprint within the existing customer base. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, generating interest, and qualifying prospects in order to schedule meetings for Sales. It's a great job for an ambitious professional who has an interest in the software industry and can build relationships and provide outstanding customer service.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Follow up on inbound leads generated from various marketing programs, with a goal of scheduling a meeting for Account Executives (AEs)
- Conduct outbound sales prospecting from provided target lists and generate meetings for AEs
- Articulate our value proposition and platform's capabilities to targeted customer segments and personas
- Qualify leads and prospects in a systematic manner that creates new and predictable pipeline
- Document all activities in our CRM/sales engagement software, with the goal of efficiently tracking activity across accounts and contacts
- Achieve target quotas (calls, emails, conversion rates)
- Research accounts, identify key players, and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Team with Account Executives to build pipeline
- Capture market insights on competitive companies/offerings and industry trends
- Capture insight on prospective customer's organization, culture, and industry
- Build strong relationships with internal and external clients and prospects
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant experience of 3-4 years in a similar role
- Demonstrated comfort in the art of cold-calling and relationship building
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Possess a positive, problem-solving mindset
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Previous experience using sales engagement software (e.g., SalesLoft, Groove) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business, or a related field
- Waste and Recycling industry experience (preferred)
- Comprehensive benefits (medical with HSA option, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical and Dependent FSA
- 401K match
- Unlimited PTO
- Nine company holidays
- 1 Volunteer day
- Summer Friday's
Routeware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality, and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.