[hiring] Product Designer @wolfe Llc
May 22, 2023 - Wolfe LLC is hiring a remote Product Designer. 📍Location: USA.
Wolfe, LLC, is an e-commerce company, located in Pittsburgh, PA, focused on next-generation gifting business models.
We are well known for being the company that started the first coupon website in 1995 which sold to a public company in 2000, at the peak of the dot-com era, when we were delivering 20 million page views per month. We then built Direct Response Technologies; grew it to 70 employees; and sold it to Digital River in 2006. We spun off Jambo Media with our tech team and sold it to Undertone in 2012.
We built and focused on GiftCards.com  from 2006 to 2016 and sold it to Blackhawk Network. We had over 100 employees whom have shared in our profits.
Today, Wolfe Companies include several brands that are revolutionizing gifting, such as Gift Card Granny, PerfectGift, GiftYa, Give InKind, and Reaf Marketing. We have roughly 160 employees and contractors. We are experiencing triple digit growth year over year. We prioritize a positive work environment and culture, which helps us maintain a high-performing and cohesive team. To ensure the effectiveness of our initiatives, we use tools like OfficeVibe and Bonusly, organize team parties and off-sites, and have clubs that support a diverse, remote-first culture.
Company and Executive Team Recognitions:
- 2022 Smart 50 Award
- 2022 First place - Fast 50 Growing Companies Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Business Times
- 2020 Best Places to Work by the Pittsburgh Business Times
- 2019 Carnegie Science Award Recipient, Entrepreneur Category
- 2017 Outstanding Entrepreneur Award Winner by the Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association
- 2015 Business Times Diamond Award Winner
- 2015 Business Ethics Award Winner
As a Product Designer at Wolfe, you will play a crucial role in the Product Development organization. Serving as the voice of the customer, you will be responsible for defining the UI/UX on PerfectGift.com. You will utilize design thinking principles to understand the needs of customers and the Wolfe business. You will work closely with cross-functional teams including product development, technology, marketing, customer service, business development and sales to deliver visually compelling and effective designs that create frictionless customer experiences.
Your multifaceted role will require a strong understanding of user design principles, customer experience research, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
1. UX & UI Design:Work closely with the product and development teams to create user-centered designs for PerfectGift.com, including web and mobile applications. Define information architecture and user interaction by creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual designs, and user journeys. Blueprint intuitive user interfaces that provide seamless and delightful user experiences. Continuously iterate and optimize designs based on user feedback and industry best practices.
2. Testing & Research:Plan and conduct user research and usability testing to validate design decisions and identify areas for improvement. Develop challenger flows/designs to be measured against one another for effectiveness and efficiency via research or A/B testing. Discover usability defects and unmet customer needs. Report findings and recommendations based on best practices. Communicate design decisions and rationale to stakeholders and team members.
3. Quality Assurance:Own the maintenance of the UX “source of truth.” Ensure that artifacts are continually kept up to date, annotated, and shared with all appropriate stakeholders. This includes a testing and research library. Inspect and confirm that designs have been implemented accurately.
4. Branding & Visual Identity:Ensure that all designs are consistent with our brand and effectively communicate our message to the target audience. Utilize style guides and documented design systems in partnership with the marketing design team.
- 3+ years of experience as a Hybrid Designer (Visual/Product)
- 3+ years of experience with Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- 3+ years of experience with Figma or similar applications
- Bachelor's in design, Human Computer Interfaces, or a related field
- Experience with user research and usability testing
- Experience designing interfaces for web and mobile apps
- Experience with digital design tools such as Figma, Sketch, or XD
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Portfolio of visual and product design work and/or case studies
- Ability to manage projects and iteration in fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
Compensation & Benefits
Wolfe is committed to providing its employees with a benefits package designed to give them the flexibility they need to ensure a healthy life/work balance. Wolfe offers its employees great benefits and perks, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Prescription, Vision, Dental, and 401k
- 15 Days of PTO to start
- 11 Paid Holiday's
- Restricted Stock Units (RSU's) (This is an ownership and profit-sharing program. Our employees have earned over $18m through this program since 2000)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee recognition program
- Charitable Donation to a Charity of YOUR Choice yearly
- Refer Friends, and if we hire them, you get awarded
- Family Picnic, Holiday Party, and other employee outings
- Flex-time Scheduling and a Telecommuting Policy
Top 75% pay range versus other local employers
Brown bag sessions to keep you informed on the company/industry
Wolfe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wolfe does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas