Senior Data Analyst - Network For Good
To apply, click here .
We are seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Senior Data Analyst to join our team. The Senior Data Analyst will play a pivotal role in supporting the development of market insights, user analytics, and business intelligence to help the company understand historical donation patterns through our platform and inform future strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in statistical analysis, experience in data visualization, and a passion for using data to drive social impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance, and a retirement plan. We also provide opportunities for professional development and growth within the organization.
If you are a skilled and passionate data analyst looking to make a significant impact in the charitable and social impact space, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Pull and analyze Network for Good’s historical data to extract meaningful insights and identify notable trends and patterns
- Conduct in-depth analysis of donations data related to climate-driven disasters and other events that mobilized increased giving through our platform
- Conduct external desk research to provide additional context and a narrative overlay to the insights discovered in our data, such as the role of the company in financing relief and recovery for specific disasters
- Create clear, compelling data visualizations to effectively communicate findings to stakeholders and inform strategic decision-making
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for improvement and growth based on data-driven insights
Types of Projects You’ll Be Leading
- Construct a learning agenda for NFG’s current business objectives and most pressing strategic questions
- Develop a plan to leverage existing NFG and other publicly available data sources to answer
- Document/map the current NFG data architecture
- Identify opportunities to improve data location and data model for easier analysis
- Identify gaps in existing datasets and impact to potential analytical goals
- Define key reports and dashboards for “running the business”
- Set up a BI/reporting toolkit using Tableau and DBT
- Develop queries and generate reports
- Create dashboards and a reporting cadence
- Instrument the team’s OKR process to support weekly reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data analysis, preferably in the non-profit or social impact sector
- Proven analytics skills, including mining, evaluation, and visualization
- Strong foundation in statistical analysis and data manipulation using SQL and Excel
- Experience creating data visualizations using tools such as Tableau, Looker, or similar platforms
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex data in an accessible manner to a variety of audiences
- A strong commitment to the company's mission and values, and a passion for driving positive social change through data-driven insights
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with database and model design and segmentation techniques
- Practical experience in statistical analysis through the use of statistical packages, including R, Python, Pandas, Jupyter Notebooks
Experience working with SPSS/SAS a plus.
About Network for Good
Network for Good is well known in the social sector as an innovator in online giving. We are a 501c3 charity that operates a technology-enabled donor-advised fund (DAF) which enables donors to raise and direct funds to their favorite charities. Since 2001, we have disbursed over $4.8 billion to over 400,000+ charities across the United States. With a recent influx of capital from the sale of our for-profit counterpart, we are poised to expand our mission to unleash generosity on a massive scale.
Our DAF is the fiscal backbone for moving over $500M in annual donations and runs off operationalized expertise. With a new data infrastructure, we are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to…(initiatives that will reduce existing risk by improving the visibility into the flow of funds, and reports that help our team streamline processes filled with toil)
Working closely with X, Y, Z, you will help shepherd key projects and initiatives across our small and specialized team. You must be passionate about teamwork, love X, Y, and believe that the power of generosity can change the world.
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace of folks who champion diversity in all its forms, dig in and take ownership, and elevate each other through collaborative work. We’re a remote-friendly company, with teammates around the United States.
What We Offer
- Discretionary paid time off
- Quality health insurance and medical travel benefit
- Paid parental leave policy
- 401k plan, including employer matching
- Remote-first culture with minimal travel requirements
- Company retreats and social events, which are a chance to connect with each other in person and outside of the office
- Benefits for continuing education, donation matching, and home office improvements