[hiring] Quality Assurance Director - Eurofins Environment Testing @eurofins 🔥
May 07, 2023 - Eurofins is hiring a remote Quality Assurance Director - Eurofins Environment Testing. 📍Location: USA.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic, and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is dedicated to delivering testing services that contribute to the health and safety of society and the planet, and to its corporate responsibility to protect the environment and ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion across the entire network of Eurofins companies.
Eurofins Environment Testing America NDSC is searching for a Quality Director.
The Quality Director oversees assigned laboratories to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, implementation of a robust and effective Quality System, and employment of continuous improvement activities. This includes identifying or developing quality management tools, assessing risks and leading root cause investigations, evaluating company-wide trends for weaknesses and opportunities to advance the company’s leadership position in the environmental industry, and training quality staff in the implementation of Quality Systems, techniques, and tools.
Quality Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
- Lead team, schedule, and train employees; ensure coverage and performance; foster morale and teamwork
- Provide guidance to Quality Assurance Managers or staff of assigned laboratories on proper approaches to issues and questions
- Lead interventions in laboratories with inadequate Quality Systems or management
- Review assigned laboratories’ monthly reports to stay current with laboratory issues and achievements
- Review audit responses for assigned laboratories as needed
- Compile Quality System metrics to monitor the status and performance of assigned laboratories
- Monitor laboratory certification activities to ensure no major losses of certifications
- Investigate issues raised by clients, QA, sales, and other departments to find root cause, implement corrective action, and document proper response
- Perform internal investigations of suspected data integrity related and/or ethics violation issues
- Provide review and comments on state, client, TNI, and federal agency programs and requirements
- Monitor regulatory and accreditation activities for business opportunities and threats
- Research Quality Systems information and stay abreast of new practices to maintain knowledge and provide guidance
- Participate in environmental industry committees or organizations to contribute to industry-wide initiatives that can impact the company
- Identify and/or develop model Quality System tools, policies, and procedures, and make these available for adoption within the laboratories
- Develop and participate in the Quality Management Training for new and prospective quality management staff
- Coordinate quality assurance and technical training courses, as applicable
- Work in tandem with the Quality Information Manager
- Assist Laboratory Directors/BUMAs in QA personnel decisions including: staffing, hiring, evaluations, and disciplinary actions as requested
- Attend meetings to stay current with industry trends and QA programs
- Participate in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) oversight and standardization
- Assist with internal Quality Systems Audits as needed
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and knowledge
- Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
- Knowledge of environmental laboratory accreditation requirements
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control principles
- Statistics and the fundamental application in an environmental laboratory
- Root cause analysis and corrective action principles
- Change management techniques and group dynamics
- Knowledge of environmental chemistry, regulatory methods and accreditation requirements, and instrumental techniques
- Experience with laboratory operations
- Strong analytical, logical, and negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- BS degree in a science with more than 20 hours of chemistry from an accredited university. Equivalent combination of QA experience and knowledge of the environmental testing industry may substitute for a degree.
- Minimum 10 years of environmental laboratory experience and 5 years QA experience. Advanced degree may substitute for experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Full-time position Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. This positiion is fully remote with some travel required.
We support your development!Do you feel you don’t match 100% of the requirements? Don’t hesitate to apply anyway! Eurofins companies are committed to supporting your career development.
We embrace diversity!Eurofins network of companies believe in strength and innovation through diversity, being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination against employees or applications based on gender identity and/or expression, race, nationality, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and everything else that makes employees of Eurofins companies unique.
Sustainability matters to us!We are well on our way to achieving our objective of carbon neutrality by 2025, through a combination of emission reduction and compensation initiatives. We encourage our laboratory leaders to make sustainable changes at their local level, and in addition to their initiatives we also count on our dedicated carbon reduction team to help us to achieve this goal!
Find out more in our career page: https://careers.eurofins.com/
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and agroscience contract research services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 35 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 61,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of ca. 900 laboratories in 61 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2022, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.