Chronicled has established the decentralized MediLedger Network, which connects the pharmaceutical industry and runs mission critical processes. You will be working on the software and infrastructure that connects to and runs the Network. You will take part in building a cutting-edge platform using the latest technological achievements at the intersection of blockchain, distributed computing, network protocols and automated application management.
As Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for the operations of the MediLedger Network, which supports mission critical functions of the business of Fortune 100 customers. You will work with a highly talented engineering team that uses modern technologies and programming languages.
What you will do:
- Oversee operations and monitor performance of the MediLedger Network
- Design, build, and operate cloud infrastructure to enable reliable and rapid deployment of services for end customers and internal development team
- Work closely with development teams to make sure applications are production-ready, scalable, and reliable from the ground up
- Champion excellence in SRE practices
- Work with the customer success team to support the participants of the MediLedger Network
- Further develop our CI/CD pipeline
- Support the development of our frameworks for test automation
- Promote automation of any repetitive task
- Establish and deploy monitoring and alerting on critical components of the infrastructure and applications
- Learn and contribute to the application code base to further close the gap between operations and software development
- Own, contribute to, and review the technical documentation
What you will need:
- Experience with enterprise-grade software
- Experience with software development
- Familiarity with event-driven architectures and microservices-based solutions
- At least two years of experience with Kubernetes production systems
- Experience with GCP and AWS
- Strong knowledge of networking and related infrastructure (including DNS, reverse proxy, firewall, VPN setup, etc)
- Familiarity with enterprise-grade security aspects
- Experience with CI/CD
- Familiarity with monitoring, altering and logging solutions (including Prometheus and EFK)
- Experience with sizing for complex enterprise-grade solutions
- At least 4 years of experience in a DevOps role and additional 2 years in software development
- Experience building and launching new production systems
- Optional experience with blockchain
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Based in the innovation hub of Silicon Valley, Chronicled is a technology company leveraging blockchain and IoT to power smart and secure supply chain solutions. Chronicled offers a Blockchain-based Smart Supply Chain Platform and secures IoT device identities, data, and event logs and automates IoT-dependent business logic using smart contracts. Chronicled is also a founding member of the Trusted IoT Alliance, with the mission of creating open source tools and standards to connect IoT and blockchain ecosystems to deliver business value. We're building cutting-edge solutions using latest technological achievements and proprietary advancements at intersection of Internet of Things and Blockchain, employing best open-source practices. We’re looking for talented engineers, who can come up with elegant software architectures and execute on them with high degree of craftsmanship. We value our culture and foster a non-political, inclusive environment where integrity, technical precision, passion, innovation, and curiosity pave the way for collaborative building. Above all, we believe in authenticity: authenticity of work, of ideas, of character, of data, of products.
At Chronicled we take pride in our Total Rewards Package which is available to all full time Chronicled Employees:
Competitive Rewards: Comprehensive and competitive employment for all employees
Equipment: Macbook pro and accessories
Location: Centrally located and easily accessible offices in San Francisco, Vancouver and remote employees globally!
Flexibility: We believe flexibility comes in multiple forms. Freedom to express yourself with an open startup casual dress code, Flexible schedules. Best of all we have an unlimited vacation policy that allows you to get the rest and relaxation you need to refresh.
Welcoming Culture: We call ourselves a family for a reason. We foster a fun and creative atmosphere where anyone can openly contribute ideas, feel appreciated, and feel empowered to be who they are. Fun is also highly encouraged! Frequent offsite team building events and weekly happy hours.
Recognition: Respect and prominence due to work contributions, working on cutting edge technology. Our employees are celebrated and recognized for their contributions
Variety: Opportunities to experience different job tasks, responsibilities, and project opportunities
Workload: Challenging and fast paced work. There is never a dull moment in our Enterprise Blockchain Laboratory.
Work Importance: The typical Chronicled team member has a bias for action. We do. We build. We step outside of the scope. We believe we will change the world.
Control your own Destiny: Ability to influence others and control one’s own destiny.
Advancement: Opportunities to get ahead both personally and professionally.
🏖 Unlimited vacation