Account Manager - Surety 🔥
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA ; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
This role is responsible for servicing the needs of client companies and for retaining both mid-size and large, complex accounts through relationship management.
This is a salaried, exempt and full-time role and will be reporting to the Surety Practice Leader, Principal. May require seasonal or intermittent traveling to visit clients, prospects and insurers. This is a hybrid/remote role (within the USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations. #LI-Remote
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Manage client relationships and develop team service strategy, plan and processes to meet client needs. Provide client advocacy as primary point of contact.
- Gather financial information and other client information such as WIPs, contractor questionnaire and bank line information, trust agreements and maintaining client files.
- Prepare applications and general indemnity agreements.
- Perform other client service support efforts including preparation and administration of bonds, consents of surety, change riders, continuation certificates, capacity letters, renewal’s and invoicing.
- Gather and track bid results to monitor client’s backlog.
- Maintain Surepath System with new and existing clients bonds including electronic bidding for clients.
- Cultivate relationships with new customers and enhance relationships with existing clients for new business or product opportunities. Create cross-selling opportunities by recommending other company services and/or additional policies.
- Stay abreast of changing market, review new or evolving products and present to clients as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience in the surety or construction industry.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience required.
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism and tact.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and its more complex features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and client needs.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology systems and software applications.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to review internal/external deliverables to ensure accuracy.
- Intermediate project planning and management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-3 years of brokerage experience.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property and Casualty Insurance License (required or or completed within 3 months of start date).
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For information regarding how Newfront collects and uses personal information, please review our .