Director Of Security 🔥
Fable is a Toronto-based accessibility company that is helping F500 companies make their digital products accessible to a billion people with disabilities worldwide. We’ve built a platform that connects product teams to people with disabilities for user research and testing. We also provide custom accessibility training powered by people with disabilities. Our customers include Walmart, Slack, Shopify and many more. Recently listed as Linkedin’s ranked top #3 for growing companies in Canada.
About the role
This is a key role in acting as a liaison within the Engineering, Corporate IT, Legal, and People teams to ensure that Fable's processes are compliant with the applicable standards, frameworks and legal requirements. You will be the internal security and compliance expert for senior technical team members and leadership. Security is our top priority at Fable and, as a fast-growing scale-up, it must be proactive. Your role will be focused on right-sizing security processes and solutions for our team today, while building a foundation that will enable our team to maintain security and compliance as we scale.
For this role, we are open to applicants who are located in Canada or the United States. This role is remote, however, availability to work from Fable's Toronto office a bit, is considered an asset.
If you believe that you match majority of this job description, we highly encourage you to apply!
The focus of this role will be on:
- Leading the vision for Fable's security procedures, in close collaboration with team leads and leadership
- Owning Fable’s security compliance against industry leading standards
- Collaborating and communicating effectively with employees to ensure security is prioritized and championed continuously by all Fable team members
- Supporting the technical implementation and maintenance of solutions that ensure our systems are operating as designed, with the appropriate evidence
- Owning Fable's Security Program, in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, with a focus on continuous improvement and emerging threats/trends
- Managing Fable’s compliance posture against standards like SOC2 and ISO27001, including risk management, leadership communications, evidence collection, and internal audits
- Guiding Fable's security processes on data governance and management
- Implementing and managing technical solutions that are “right-sized” to our organization, and prioritizing and advocating for areas for growth and improvement to our systems
- Ensuring Fable's compliance with existing and future requirements by working with internal stakeholders (including Legal).
- Enhancing security awareness and adherence to best practices in Fable employees through regular communications, training, and presentations
- Working with Engineering and Sales teams to complete infosec surveys for prospective customers
- Ongoing risk assessments of new and existing vendors and software tools related to Fable’s Corporate IT and Production infrastructure, to evaluate and continuously improve corporate security practices of the company
Qualifications and assets:
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in a technical security-related role
- Proficient with security and end-point management tools (e.g., client/server, firewall, IDS/IPS, web and email filtering, vulnerability scanning, Tugboat Logic, etc.) design, implementation, and operation
- Experience owning security programs like ISO27001, SOC2, and using a security assurance platform like Tugboat Logic to effectively delegate responsibilities to achieve continuous compliance
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and right-size systems and processes
- Experience influencing management and leadership teams through clear, structured communication and managing multiple high-profile initiatives simultaneously
- Knowledgeable about the cybersecurity threats landscape (and keeping up to date with the security industry)
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication in English. Ability to answer questions and disseminate information directly, in language appropriate to the audience
- High level of attention to detail, in communication, program management, and internal auditing
- Experience with security incident management, ability to remain composed under pressure
- Technical proficiency to support on end-point management tools (Jamf, InTune) is an asset
- Start-up/scale-up experience is an asset
- Experience working with assistive technology users and unique security needs and challenges for people with disabilities is an asset
What's in it for you?
At Fable, you'll join a vibrant and rapid growth environment where you'll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, socially driven, inclusive, collaborative, and respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, health/dental benefits, and more.
Fable is an inclusive workplace. If you are facing any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please fill out thisor email us at email@example.com and include the subject line “Accessibility accommodation for “Role” job application.”