junior Staff Accountant
Fast growing ecommerce company ! www.dormeousa.com
We are hiring motivated Staff Accountant, Jr for our Dormeo Canada joint venture company. Dormeo is one of the fastest growing sleep brands in North America and manufactures amazing mattresses, toppers and pillows with its unique patented Octaspring comfort technology to help people sleep better to live better.
This is a full time position for immediate start! (after background and drug screening).
Performs accounting support duties in the areas of accounts payables, month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, and ad hoc reporting.
Position Job Duties:
- Reconcile Accounts Payables by analyzing customer account balances, aging reports and AP recon.
- Assist in accounts payable entry, payments and schedules.
- Assist in month-end close process by evaluating account balances and preparing necessary Journal Entries.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Check/scan accounting related mails in Houston corporate office every two week.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field experience required. CPA Preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years accounting experience.
- Experience with Netsuite or similar programs a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Deadline driven, detailed oriented, and strong time management skill.
- Willingness to work overtime: It is required to join the night meeting with counterpart overseas minimum once a week. Overtime during month end closing and year end.
- This job is a fully remote job , but the ideal candidate is required to visit corporate office every two weeks to check/scan the mails.
Benefit package offered: Employee offered standard company benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death benefits, and eligibility to participate in a safe harbor 401(k) plan -fully vesting immediately.