jr. Penetration Tester-remote
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Jr. Penetration Tester to join our team remotely.
About the role: The Junior Pentester primary responsibility is to support the senior engineering staff in the execution of penetration tests and vulnerability assessments for internal and external systems and applications.
- Assess web applications, medical devices, hardware devices, and third-party software for security vulnerabilities.
- Provide initial research into applications and devices prior to security testing.
- Responsible for compiling the findings of their testing into formal reports that will be provided to the system and application stakeholders.
- Interact with the stakeholders during all assessment phases to coordinate access, resolve issues during testing, and help address security concerns, working with teams to provide possible remediation options.
- Build relationships with other departments to better understand business needs.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and communicate potential blockers.
- Provide support to the senior security engineers by assisting in the management of security technologies (e.g. web proxy, IDS, EDR, WAF).
- Assist in proof-of-concept initiatives for business applications.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding potential phishing emails and general security topics.
- Maintain an understanding of new vulnerabilities and attack techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired, not required.
- OCSP, CEH, Security+, or other security related certifications is desired, not required.
- 2+ years’ experience in information technology, preference to those with development, network, or systems administration experience.
- 0+ Years of Penetration Testing Experience preferred.
- Experience with at least one automation/scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, BASH, Python).
- Experience and understanding of HIPAA, HITECH, and PCI preferred.
- Some experience with web app or systems testing is desired.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Familiarity with testing tools such as Burp, ZAP, OpenVAS, Wireshark, HackRF, or Metasploit.
- Ability to setup a virtual environment using VMware, Virtual Box, or similar technology.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
For individuals living in Colorado and New York City only, Premise Health is required to include an estimate of the salary and benefits for this role. While a number of factors influence salary, our estimated Colorado and New York City compensation is $75,000 - $80,000. Please note, this is a general guideline and your experience qualifications, geographic location, and other factors will be taken into consideration.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
- Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
Street Address: 5500 Maryland Way Suite 400, Brentwood, TN 37027