GovCIO is a team of transformers-people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
GovCIO is looking for a Database Developer to join our team to provide design and full-stack development of AWS/Oracle projects. The Database Developer will be responsible to support implementation and integration of a new database/data analysis program. The successful candidate will work closely with a small, self-organizing team that performs all aspects of design, development, troubleshooting, and operations and maintenance (O&M), collaborating internally and with clients.
- Design and develop systems that can scale for future requirements.
- Work closely with small team and stakeholders to develop requirements.
- Develop end-to-end solutions, including design and develop custom connectors.
- Design and implement data models and data access layers for new product functionality.
- Develop, maintain, evaluate and document administration of database tools and strategies.
- Provide feedback and guidance on design and integration of new system.
- Provide expertise and implement all stages and aspects of the SDLC, including data, design, development, installation, operation, and maintenance of a new, complex IT system.
- Ensure secure coding and that all requisite security controls are built into the new system from the ground up in support of eventual ATO.
- Translate business requirements and associated use cases for design and development activities (e.g., use cases, site maps, module flows).
- Recommend improvements to existing processes and technologies.
- Participate in analysis and design sessions with stakeholders to ensure comprehensive understanding of needs.
- Implement comprehensive backup and database replication solutions.
- Identify and leverage marketplace solutions as appropriate.
- Evaluate, size and select technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and application databases.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 - 8 years (or Associate’s and 2+ additional years of experience).
- 3+ years of experience as a Database Developer.
- 1+ year of experience with AWS and Oracle.
- 1+ year of experience with Agile/SAFe delivery.
- Experience delivering AWS and Oracle solutions that comply with all federal standards such as security, section 508.
- Expertise in requirements gathering, software evaluation, data modeling, developing standards and methodologies, and business process re-engineering.
- Possess knowledge of best practices for IT and data.
- Able to work independently.
- Experience providing consulting services in solving complex information technology issues.
- Possess excellent communication, analytical, and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, remote environment.
- Must be meticulous and highly organized.
- Must be eligible for Public Trust clearance.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- AWS Cloud Architecture certification or equivalent.
- Agile/SAFe or other related developer certification(s).
- Oracle Certified Associate certification or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Experience with a broad range of development languages, frameworks, tools, concepts, and patterns.
- Current or recent (last two years) clearance (Public Trust).
- Experience in the federal sector.
- Experience with financial data analysis.