junior Software Engineer
The Junior Software Engineer under guidance from the Software Engineer, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Primary Responsibilities
- Coordinates with the Software Engineer to ensure compliance with QBE policies, procedures and relevant legislations
- Coordinates with the Software Engineer to ensure consistency with system development security standards and principles
- Coordinates with the Software Engineer to provide regular updates to the Applications Development Manager
- Develop and Implement systems according to the signed-off documents as shared by the BA/QA
- Undertake any other relevant duties as determined by the Lead/Senior Software Engineer
- Respond to issues referred from team members and assist with their resolution where appropriate
- Learn new development methodologies and initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 1 year relevant experience
- Hands on development on client server and n-tier systems
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Broad knowledge of software development life cycle processes
- Knowledge on OOPS concepts
- Knowledge on Agile
- Knowledge on Test Driven Development, CI/CD principles
QBE Cultural DNA
- Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) – because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-focused-We are technical experts-We are inclusive-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Travel Frequency
- Infrequent (approximately 1-4 trips annually)
US Only - Physical Demands
- General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only - Disclaimer
- To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
- Individual Contributor
Australia/New Zealand Only - Advice/Non-Advice
- Non-Advice: This role is not authorised to provide financial product advice to retail customers in respect of General Insurance products. Financial product advice, means a statement or recommendation made to a retail customer with the intention of influencing their decision in considering a general insurance product.
- The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
* * * * * Hourly Salary Range: $29.80 - $44.70 CA (Remote, Irvine and Woodland), Greenwood Village CO, CT, Chicago IL, MA, MD, NY (Remote), RI, Houston TX and WA
* * * * * Hourly Salary Range: $33.80 - $50.70 San Francisco CA, NJ and New York City NY Benefit Highlights You are more than your work – and QBE is more than a workplace, which is why QBE provides you with the benefits, support and flexibility to help you concentrate on living your best life personally and professionally. Employees scheduled over 30 hours a week will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution and a paid-time off program. In addition, our paid-family and care-giver leaves are available to support our employees and their families. Regular full-time and part-time employees will also be eligible for QBE’s annual discretionary bonus plan based on business and individual performance. QBE recognizes that exemplary benefits extend beyond benefits coverage and compensation. Flexibility in your working environment is important to maintaining balance and QBE is dedicated to ensuring employees achieve personal and professional integration by providing the opportunity for hybrid work arrangements. How to Apply: To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process. Equal Employment Opportunity: QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.