customer Advocate Speciality 🔥
JOB TITLE: Customer Advocate – Program Coach
DEPARTMENT: Customer Experience
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: CXE Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Customer Advocates are facilitators between Century’s clients and the various Century departments. They are trained in cross-functional roles and empowered to provide clients with assistance in all areas of the business. The role of the Customer Advocate includes driving resolutions for clients by bringing together the appropriate departments with a high degree of urgency given the potential client dissatisfaction. Customer Advocates have a large proactive focus by working with clients identified from predictive analytics with pre-identified variables indicating a potential intent to cancel or are within the first 6 months of the program where early engagement and staying the course is essential to program success. Therefore, a unique, proactive, supportive, problem-solving style is required to be successful in this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties include:
- Act as a Program Coach to newly enrolled clients. In an effort to drive early engagement and help clients create positive financial habits that support #StayingTheCourse on the program, the Program Coach Advocate is responsible for connecting monthly with an established set of clients to focus on building routines, creating healthy financial habits & staying the course on their Century debt relief program so they can achieve program milestones.
- Accept incoming calls from client facing department to provide a more advanced level of retention for clients with a concern, escalation or requested intent to cancel from the program.
- Responsible for outbound calls to clients identified through predictive analytics with a high likelihood of cancellation of their debt settlement program.
- Responsible for outbound calls to clients that have returned Net Promoter Score surveys where a detractor score or negative comment is present. This group of clients has a specified follow-up procedure with defined call and email attempts over a specific time frame.
- Responsible for outbound follow-up calls to clients that have agreed to speak with their Advocate before proceeding with cancellation of the program.
- Support customer facing teams in contacting clients that are displaying negative “detractor” behavior via web/portal, online review sites and/or various Century social media outlets.
- Work in tandem with the settlement department to complete contact workflows for clients that have recently received legal action on an account.
KNOWLEDGE, ESSENTIAL SKILLS & DESIRED STRENGTHS
- Superior customer service skills that combine assertive communication, empathy, patience, self-control and active listening- strong ability to demonstrate on every interaction the value of the Century program & how our experience can and will get the client through this program despite the outside distractions along the way that occur with collection activity, etc.
- Ability to translate a process into client expectations that demonstrate a path forward that is attainable
- Organization - coordination and planning of tasks and activities
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a high-functional level that includes the ability to offer creative solutions to tough problems
- Ability to be relatable & uplifting, to build excitement so that the client feels engaged and wants to continue to book & complete appointments
- Attention to detail
- A self-starter – passion to research news articles and financial best practices and seek out opportunities to incorporate those concepts into their daily coaching
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and telephone skills
- Commitment to company values
- Knowledge of company products and programs
- Knowledge of and access to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act desirable
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Credit, Collection, Customer Experience and/or Customer Service experience preferred.
9am-5pm Eastern Standard Time