social Media Manager - Remote
Would like to wake up every day to a job that doesn’t just sell products, but has the potential to improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide every day? PerkinElmer Informatics (PKI), the global leader in scientific analytics SaaS solutions, is seeking a seasoned Social Media Manager to lead, drive forward and deliver impact for our business in social media.
The Social Media Manager will focus on providing value to our customers through deep connections and meaningful engagements across our website, blog, and social ecosystem. The ecosystem stretches across our on-prem and cloud software products including Signals Suite, Signals Notebook, Signals Vitro Vivo, Signals Inventa, ChemDraw and others. This is a fully remote opportunity!
The Informatics Marketing Team is looking for seasoned candidates with social marketing, social content/creative development, and channel management experience. Specifically, we will be looking for candidates who have experience managing channel growth and health (preferably for B2B global brands), have managed organic social campaigns to drive engagement and brand love, and those who have developed actionable insights from data to influence business decisions, content, and drive deeper impact. The ideal candidate is passionate about social media with a strong pulse on the landscape, trends, and our brand sentiment. Additionally, the candidate is a strong digital marketer with solid business acumen, the ability to anticipate responses within social and the ability to think statically and manage across business partners and groups to bring the best experiences to life in the social channels.
- As the primary point of contact for PerkinElmer Informatics’ social media marketing you will serve as the team lead with internal and external partners.
- Develop unique and fan-focused social media campaigns to drive acquisition and retention of PerkinElmer Informatics’ brand around the world.
- Monitor and analyze social media channels to build a community of followers, enhance engagement, and report on the success of social media projects and campaigns.
- Oversee the social media editorial calendar to meet organizational and promotional marketing goals and beats.
- Oversee social media creative, copy, and project deliverables while conducting quality assurance along the way.
- Actively work with the entirety of the Product Marketing and Digital teams to create synergy between all consumer-facing digital platforms and channels (I.e., products, email, community, digital, etc.).
- Represents the company message to online communities, media, analysts, and the general public at large.
- Define and evolve KPIs for PKI Informatics social channels and marketing campaigns with an emphasis on meaningful measurement and actionable key learnings.
- Regularly monitor industry trends, providing timely POVs and insights on platform updates, competitor activities, tools, and applications.
- Select and manage vendors for social media and digital engagement initiatives.
- Strategic thinking
- Strong collaboration
- Excellent communicator
- Strong project management
- Trusted partner and builder of strong partner relationships
- Team player, builder, and positive culture cultivator
- Ability to hit short term and long-range deadlines
- Ability to coordinate across multiple stakeholders and against different business asks, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills
- Ability to review data and translate into insights
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- Minimum of 6+ years of integrated marketing experience (digital, relationship, social media, campaign, event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations) at a multi-national, matrixed organization. AND
- A minimum of one year of supervision experience.
- Background or experience in SaaS and/or scientific software preferred, particularly in pharma, health, industrial sciences, Food, Flavor, fragrance, agrochemical, and oil and gas.
- Competent analytics experience a huge plus to assist with data gathering projects and dashboard builds that enable continuous learning
- Possesses an interest in science and is passionate about learning more
- Multi-lingual preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations
- Must have or demonstrate ability to manage a team of people as this position begins as an IC could blossom into a managerial role.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Expertise in social media management; knowledge of how to leverage social media platforms to achieve business goals.
- Experience in a variety of social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook.
- Functional experience with social media publishing, listening, and reporting tools and software.
- Understanding the “always on” nature of social media with a willingness to work off-hours as needed to ensure best practice, channel security, brand safety, and timeliness of messaging.
- Experience developing compelling social media campaigns and effective content strategies. Demonstrated understanding of diverse scientific audiences in general.
- Experience creating, implementing, measuring, and reporting on campaign and content performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
- Think strategically – act deliberately – move earnestly